Things to remember..

I was on Facebook the other day, and Carrie, a friend from college, said hello and then told me that I needed to post pregnancy pictures on my blog. I was thinking about it, and I've got to admit I too love to look at other girls' prego pics. Why is this? I know we women tend to get excited about babies...but I think the real reason we (yes I'm grouping the rest of you girls in with me) like prego pics is so we can compare belly sizes. I've caught myself doing this with other pregnant bloggers lately. I'll look at their belly in the picture, figure out how far along they are, and decide how I'm looking compared to them. Wrong, I know, but I'd be surprised if I'm the only one who does it....haha, wouldn't that be funny if I was the only one? Anywho, for those who are interested, here's my 17 week picture. And just for the pregnant bloggers who are now feeling self consious, I've made a pact with myself to stop comparing, especially since the baby doesn't care what I look like as long as I get him/her here. (And because the last girl I compared myself to is due at the same time and hasn't gained any weight at all. zilch. zero.) It's like my mom always said, "Katie, there will always be people better and worse than you at something so it's best to just not compare yourself to others." So there you have it: Here's my prego picture and my best attempt at sneakily guilt-tripping you girls into not comparing my belly to yours. Did it work? :)
And I wasn't going to say anything about this, but is there a different word I could have used besides "compare"? It's really being overused here....

To wrap things up I wanted to write down a few things to remember about Josh:
1) We've been teaching him to wipe up messes and trying to get him to blow his nose, always on separate occasions. Being the smart kid that he is, he now grabs a tissue, blows his nose (successfully might I add), and then wipes the windows/floor/high chair/my face with the same tissue. Gross, but ingenious. I guess he figures he'll kill two birds with one stone.
2) Josh is really sweet and has started attacking me with kisses, which would actually be really nice if he didn't have a snotty nose right now. Also, when I'm rocking him to sleep, he brushes the hair out of my eyes like a little mother.
3) The other night we were all driving in the car, and Ryan was asking Josh what sounds different animals make. He decided to ask Josh what sound mommy makes and Josh started into his monkey noises. He wouldn't come up with anything else when we asked him, so I guess I'm a hairy monkey in his eyes. It's okay, though, because Ryan ended up being a dog.


This is Josh's idea of a good pose. He saw the camera and had to ham it up.

11 comments:

Ryan said...

I like to compare bellies too. It makes me feel good to know I'm not the only guy with a gut.

Kristin said...

Thanks for the picture! I too, like to see pictures of baby bellies! It is all so magical, I love everything about pregnancy. You'll get to find out the sex soon, yea!
What a funny picture of Josh, I think I can see all the way down his throat!

Chelsee said...

I am not even with child nor have I ever been but I love to see prego bellies. You look so cute and little! If you could pack on the lbs before Nov 26 that would make me feel a lot better about myself, so if you could do that for me that would be fantastic. Haha

Heidi said...

You're putting this up because you've been comparing yourself with me, huh? I don't know if you can come to Utah next month if you aren't bigger than that, you don't even look pregnant and I look like a cow!
Josh is so cute, I love the pictures!

Erin said...

Katie, you are right on when you say we all compare bellies when prego! We all do it! I know I did! For the record...you are TINY!! Crazy to think that when you were in our ward here in Utah Josh was just a precious little newborn and now you are going to have another one! Time flies!!

Ben and Anna said...

I have to agree with the other comments here...I wouldn't ever guess you were prego. with this last one, I started having people ask at 10 wks....so sad....and, I gained 40 lbs (I only made it to 28 weeks....again, so sad) We all compare, so just be glad you are on the good end of the comparing! :):)

Megan said...

We all compare..only I am the other side of the spectrum from you. I didn't gain weight with Anna until 17 weeks, yet I started showing and people were asking me if I was prego at 10 wks. I may be somewhat tall, but I have NO waist. So for the record I am going to delete the picture I just saw of you teeny tiny at 17 weeks from my head so that I won't feel so self concious next time around...or is that what you wanted? LOL.

Katie said...

So the not-showing-very-much didn't last very long. (Although I think it's just that my body compensated for my stomach by getting bigger in other places...) Seriously, I'm noticably bigger than the picture now, even though it's only been a few days. I like this stage better though, when people think you're actually pregnant.

Hahaha, all of us poor pregnant/postpartum females.

Kristin said...

Tag.

Zach and Erika said...

That's a prego pic? You don't even look pregnant. You look great, hopefully you're feeling good too. Josh is getting some hair!!! He's too cute, we miss him (and you guys too)

Megan said...

WHAAAT?! I chocolate restaurant?! Thanks for the tip! I am thinking that should be added to my 'bucket list'.