Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

It's pronounced suːpɚˌkælɪˌfrædʒəlˌɪstɪkˌɛkspiːˌælɪˈdoʊʃəs/ according to Wikipedia in case you're wondering, and the song sounds like the songs "Boiled Beef and Carrots" and "Any Old Iron". Is this post off to a good start or what?

This past Thursday I took Katie to see Mary Poppins on Broadway. I was originally worried that I've gone about this whole Broadway thing all wrong. You see, the first one we went to was Wicked, and I've been afraid that it will be all down hill from there. I must say that Mary Poppins, however, held it's own. We both really enjoyed it. Katie might have liked it a little too much, as she kept going on about the guy playing the part of Bert...

On the way back home we had an amazing view of Manhattan. On any regular night the view is spectacular, but on Thursday it was supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.  NYC continues to honor those who died in the tragedy of 9/11, through various ways, including shining beams of light up into the sky where the twin towers used to stand. Much like when the commissioner broke out the bat-signal to get Batman's attention.  You all know what I'm talking about.

Anyway, as we walked downtown through the financial district we first noticed the lights.  It was amazing!  There were low clouds in the sky, which made it all the more amazing.  It kinda almost felt like hallowed ground there as we walked by the New York Stock Exchange & Trinity Church and seeing the lights shining in the background.

I tried to take some pictures from the ferry as we left Manhattan, but the quality of pictures from my phone aren't the greatest.  Here is the picture of it that I wanted to take.


Moving on...  Josh is doing really well.  He is really developing a fun personality.  He talks a lot now, and has become really interactive.  Katie is doing great, despite being a little sick lately.  She is really excited with Young Women's now that she has another counselor to help her.  I was able to watch BYU beat down UCLA yesterday, so it goes without saying that I'm doing well.  Here's a picture of the latest art project Katie and Josh did while I was out with the missionaries tonight.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the baby! I'm so excited for you guys!

Erika said...

Congrats! How exciting on the new little one to come.

I think it is so cool you live so close that you can go see a Broadway show for date night. I've always wanted to live back east, but I don't know if that will ever happen. Maybe we'll be able to visit while you guys are still there.

Mary said...

congrats on number 2! it is so weird to think that 5 years ago we were all froshmen in hs... and now we are all grown up with FAMILIES!!!

Heidi said...

Wahoo! Congratulations!!! We're so excited for you guys! When are you due? I'm really hoping you are twelve weeks, then our babies are due the same time!! That is so fun that you got to go to a Broadway play, I'm so jealous. We miss you guys and love ya tons!

Kristin said...

CONGRATS!!!! When is the little girl coming? At least that's my vote, I think it's a girl. I was actually thinking that #2 would be on their way any day now. Congrats again, I am really excited for you.
My brother is getting married on October 3rd, so we are going to Utah soon, and might not be able to afford to go back during Christmas. :(

Bianca said...

wow! no.2 for you guys...congrats!! Joshua will be an excellent big brother...and we already know what great parents you two are.

Chelsee said...

Oh my gosh that is supper awesome for you guys!! Babies rock, or so I am told. You still going to be up for Thanksgiving? I sent the conformation to your email.

PS I LOVE your hair

Lori said...

Yay!!! Congrats you guys! Kids are awesome!

Megan said...

Congratulations! I hope you didn't plan this just so you would get a lot of comments on your blog ;)

skinners said...

congrats on number 2! and no, anti-wrinkle cream doesn't ring a bell. email me the story in facebook or something! one of our favorite things is to sit around and talk about dallin and my dad. (and sorry, i deleted the comment about the "phone call" because i felt bad. i used to tease dallin so much.) but thanks for the memories of him!

BKC said...

As soon as I read Katie was feeling sick...I knew that was it! Congratulations!!!

curtandheather said...

Congrats, dido on the last comment, when you said she was sick, I knew....must be the obvious clue and then th pic definitely helped.

susan said...

Josh is going to be such a great big brother!

Yo Mama said...

I'm so glad that you saw Mary Poppins. I love it, too. Also, cute little trick. You made me work for the big brother info. I like it.

The Razzle Dazzle Family said...

Congrats on #2 that is so exciting. Ryan I think it is sweet that you took your wife to a broadway show!!

Lindsay said...

Congrats you two! Josh is getting so big and he is SO cute. I hope you feel better soon.

Zach and Erika said...

yipee!

)en said...

I don't know... that doesn't look like much of an art project. I'm not one to criticize, but construction paper and a marker? Seems pretty basic to me. HAHA. Seriously, congratulationz. That is very exciting.