He's here!


Baby Landon James has officially arrived! We are so happy to be on this side of things instead of the fretting/waiting side. He is so cute, and I'm not near as stressed out as I was with my other two. With Josh and Carter, I had a lot of anxiety, but with Landon, I'm actually enjoying the newborn stage. Of course, we'll see how unstressed out I am once Ryan's mom and sister leave....bleh.
A quick overview: Nikki, Ryan's sister, arrived Thursday morning. (She's a true life saver!) Ryan and I left the boys with her, and headed to the hospital to be induced. When we got there, the triage was full of laboring women. I was a bit nervous they would ask us to go home, since we were being induced, but that turned out to be a lucky deal for us. We got registered and placed into a room before the others because of "doctor's orders". Near the end of the day, they were actually waiting for beds to empty. --There were sixteen births on Thurs.-- They started me on pitocin at 11:30am and broke my water at 12:30pm. I got an epidural at 1pm and was in heaven at 1:05pm. The only complaint I had was that I was getting extremely light headed, and I thought maybe I needed oxygen or something. They checked my vitals and everything was fine, but the nurse suggested I lay on my side, and that fixed that. The nurse, Mary Jane, was awesome, particularly because she kept telling me that I was the easiest patient ever. Like every time she came in the room. I honestly felt great for being in labor, so I didn't really have much to complain about. I think the combination of that and a few other things that maybe aren't politically correct to speak about made me an "easy" patient. Anyway, a little before 4pm I was feeling some pressure, so the resident checked me and said, "Oh, the head's right there!" She and the nurse started running around, getting things ready, and then just the resident and nurse were there with me and Ryan to deliver Landon. I pushed 3-4 times and he was out. I was a bit more emotional with his birth, just because we were so worried about him. He's had no problems whatsoever.
Now that we're home, I am feeling really good. The boys absolutely love Landon, and the only adjustment issues they're seeming to have is that Josh is a teeny bit more emotional and Carter says "no" more often. Other than that things are great. Ryan's taking his boards tomorrow and Friday (talk about being stressed out, poor guy), but Nikki's here and Ryan's mom is here, so we're definitely taken care of. I have a feeling I'll be pretty lonely once they leave, but I always miss family once they're gone, so I guess there's no difference there.
We are so grateful for little Landon, that he's here healthy and strong and that the boys are doing so well

14 comments:

Judy said...

Congratulations on another cute boy! I'm happy to hear that things went well. Good luck with 3!

Yo Mama said...

Congrats! Now you can say it, "My three sons." He looks like Josh to me. So adorable!

Carrie said...

Congrats!!! I can't believe how great you look after giving birth!!! I am jealous! Good luck with #3...but you guys are pros by now!!

Catlin said...

He is so cute and tiny! I'm so glad things are going well. You've got some cute boys!

The Razzle Dazzle Family said...

Congrats on your new baby boy. I am glad everything went well for you & the baby.

Megan said...

Yay for not being pregnant and no problems with Landon James. I didn't know that was his middle name - it's Evan's middle name. The whole name thing is just getting creepier now. lol. I hope everything continues to go well for you and your family. And good luck to Ryan - that is a stressful time indeed!

Molly said...

Congratulations! He's pretty cute! Hope things go well with Ryan's tests. Good luck with everything!

Bianca said...

congrats! so glad everyone is happy and healthy!

Lindsay said...

Yea! He is just darling. I'm really happy for you and have been thinking about your family! I'm glad to hear that everything went well. Congrats!

Lori said...

congratulations!

Zach and Erika said...

What a babe! So excited for you guys and I can't wait to meet him!

Heidi said...

He's so cute! I'm glad Ryan's family was there to help out and that everything went well! Good luck to Ryan with your tests! Hopefully we'll get to see you soon!

Ashley said...

I'm a little late with my congratulations, but...Congrats! It's nice to hear you say you aren't too stressed out with three. I'm a tiny bit worried about it myself. :o)

I hope Ryan did/does well on the boards. I know how stressful that can be on the wife to watch her husband be stressed about it! We aren't looking forward to Part 2 around our house.

Congrats again! I look forward to more cute newborn pics!

Ben and Anna said...

I am so glad things are going so well, and that they went so well! you are amazing!!