Oh Baby!


Big boy Landon


Carter eating an orange with a fork. He was hungry and had to take matters into his own hands, I guess. I snapped the picture right as he bit into part the peel.


Cute boys.


So, I have some very sad news. Landon, my perfect baby, has decided to become gassy. Most of my friends in Staten Island have heard my sob story...but here it is anyway. Around 5 weeks, Landon wouldn't sleep all day like he had been and started getting a bit gassy during different sections of the day. It's just gotten progressively worse. If he doesn't eat well, which is hard for him when he's gassy, then he doesn't sleep well. (He will love reading this when he's fifteen, I'm sure). He'll wimper and cry out. Luckily he's not too bad as long as he has a binky. I've tried many different things, gas drops, fennel, changing my diet, etc., and it seems that changing my diet has been the only thing to work so far. I'm not eating nuts, chocolate, or any kind of dairy, including my beloved spray butter. I'm hoping that I'll at least lose some weight on this kind of diet! I hate that he's gassy (just like my other two boys) because you never really know how to fix it...you just do your best until they grow out of it...or you switch to formula. The problem with that is you have to buy the expensive stuff! I'm just grateful that it's gas and not something else.
I'm getting ready to run the half marathon in Washington DC on March 26th. It is an awesome race. I've run the half once and the full once already in Washington DC, so I guess you could say that I love it. It's a pretty easy course and beautiful, and it's on a Saturday! I'm running it with three other good good friends, so it's going to be a blast. One of the girls, Natalie, talked about running a full marathon, and that got my juices flowing, I guess you could say, so I'm planning on running the Salt Lake marathon on the 24th of July. We'll see how it compares to the DC marathon. I'm thinking I've been pretty spoiled.
Ryan's sitting pretty right now. He's done with everything, so now it's just clinic, and he's really good with patients and fixing their teeth, so no complaints for him! Just to brag a bit, don't get jealous, but he's been awesome. He watches the kids while I run, cleans the house, and lets me unload on him all of my woes. The other day I was watching him wrestle with the boys, and man, he was looking good! Good looking man who loves his kids and smells really good--what more could a girl ask for?
Josh and Carter are doing well. They're great kids. Josh is the greatest little helper. I ask him to do a lot now, and he's very good at helping out, as long as the TV is off. Carter is not beating up on Josh as much and is getting pretty good at entertaining himself. Tonight, I was telling the boys something and said, "Can you believe it?" and Carter yelled out like a hallelujah, "I believe it!!" Josh is the best actor in the house. The boys love to hide (in rather obvious places) and have us find them. Well, now Josh is in on it and pretends like he can't see Carter. Pretty funny. Last cute thing: Landon loves music. If he's fussy at all, Ryan will turn on some music and Landon smiles and watches in awe while Ryan sings to him. He was cooing and singing along this morning. It was so much fun to watch.
Despite the issues I have with feeding Landon, I've been feeling like I'm getting into the groove of having three kids. I'm starting to figure out how to work things around Landon's schedule. As I was sitting down tonight, impressed with myself and my mad skills of being a mother of too many kids (kidding), I realized that the amount of TV watched by my children has probably doubled...oh well, I'm still going to say I'm a rock star.

3 comments:

Megan said...

So you are wanting to do the Desert News marathon? I did the 10k last year and liked it a lot - though the course is A LOT of downhill and it made my knees hurt afterwords...and that was 6 miles! lol. And you are a good mom to give up nuts and chocolate..I think that is about 50% of my diet ;) Your boys are so cute. I am glsd that having three is getting easier for you.

Molly said...

I think you're a rock star! Congratulations on being a mother of three. It really does take a little bit of time to adjust to it all. I know you're doing great! Oh, Paul's from Bartlesville, OK. We go there at least once a year!

Christine said...

Hey Katie...some of us are planning to to St. George marathon this year and I thought of you after reading about your marathon adventures last year. You want to be in on it too? Sign up is April 1st and it is, unfortunately, a lottery race so we may not all get in, but it would be AWESOME if you wanted to run it too! You are seriously an inspiration - and holy cow - I cannot believe you are already in such good shape to run a half!!!! Good luck in it!