Colorado Springs

We made it to Colorado Springs in one piece.  During our 14 hour car ride I wasn't quite sure it was going to happen.  We did well the first 5 hours....but then Cole decided to rebel.  He wouldn't nurse well and was fussy the rest of the way.  We got stuck in major traffic at Vail, CO.  The roads were super icy and we were stopped/inching along for about an hour along a 1/2 mile stretch.  I will not admit to nursing a baby or changing an extremely poopy diaper of a certain toddler while stopped on the freeway... Finally pulling into the hotel parking lot was bittersweet.  We were so glad to be there, but then we remembered we weren't actually inside with our luggage and in our beds! Anyway, the boys were pretty amazing--I think we've forced them into becoming pretty good little travelers--and I Ryan and I were still friends at the end of the road trip, so I call that a success!

We've been in our hotel now for a couple of days, and tomorrow we'll meet the movers at our new house.  I really like our new place minus the fact that the owners left crumbs in their cupboards for us and forgot to clean their carpets and mop their floors and clean their oven....hah!  There's a little park across the street and it seems to be quite the place to be.  I'm excited for that, but I'm afraid that one of my kiddos is going to end up getting hit by a car after sneaking out of the house to go play.  The back yard is fenced except for where the patio is, and the patio leads to the front porch...We have been working really hard on having the kids stop and look both ways before crossing the street.

The kids are doing so much better with their dad around.  Josh has always been pretty much fine, but Carter really struggled with being sad or grumpy about nearly everything the past few weeks.  Now he's much more pleasant and willing to do what he's asked!  Landon has been much less aggressive as well.  I'm sure part of that has to do with Carter being more pleasant and Ryan being around to help me prevent injuries.  And Cole hasn't really changed much, he's still calm and content.  (I guess if he's not riding in a car for 14 hrs).   He is starting to coo though.   I'm pretty sure that has to do with him getting older and not with daddy being home, although Ryan would beg to differ.  :)

I'm excited and nervous to get settled.  That means Ryan goes back to work and I'm on my own during the day.  I'm sure we'll survive, I'm just hoping that I can remain somewhat sane.  We shall see.  We shall see.

1 comment:

Catlin said...

So glad you made it safely! That is a long drive!!! Good luck getting all settled and I hope you are so happy there!! :)