Fun Fun Fun

We had a lot of fun this past little while. The Saturday of the 31st we celebrated Ry's birthday and had some friends over. We ordered chinese, played, ate homemade oreos (instead of cake at Ryan's request) and ice cream, and had a great time. And luckily for us, Josh's birthday is just a few days later, so we got to celebrate all over again. For his official birthday, we just hung out as a little family. It was a bit stormy, so we headed to the Children's Museum, which was a blast. I've gone before, but Josh was too young then. I think his favorite thing was the super-sized connect four game--we had to literally pry his hands away. We also made him a little birthday cake, took his shirt off, and let him go at it. He mainly stuck his hands in the icing and then tried to get the icky stuff off his hands. It was like watching a cat with tape stuck to it's paws...pretty funny. I helped him take a few bites, and he eventually poked and prodded his way into his birthday cake, so I didn't feel like it was a total waste!

This last Saturday we had our "official" birthday party for Josh. Haha, well luckily the Yoshimura's showed up so we weren't all by ourselves. (Most of our friends were gone, so just for the record, the lack of attendance is not because we're uncool). Haha, I guess I should take some of the blame, since I sent out no invitations....Anyway, it turned out to be a blast! We met in Central Park at a little water park, and Josh and his best buddy Mac went right for the water. -Mac and his parents Cory and Noa moved into the ward a little while back, and Josh absolutely loves Mac. They're two weeks apart in age, and Josh observes everything Mac does and learns from him. He also tends to kiss Mac, which is surprising because our child tends to be reserved...best friends forever, I think.- Anyway, back to the water....No fear, I tell you! They were good examples for the big kids who were scared of the water....:) I love this first picture with Mac--I can hear him thinking, "Bring it on". To make a long story a bit shorter, we all decided to spend the day together and went to the toy store FAO Schwartz and played on the big piano (only $250,000), went to Nike Town (five floors....lots of fun), and then went to a nice restaurant on South Street Seaport. The boys were like zombies near the end of it, but it was worth it.

We really miss our friends and family back in Utah (and everywhere else), but I tell you what! Days like this remind me that New York City is a lot of fun. In fact, if any of you want to experience it, we've got a great deal on a place to stay....

Sorry, these pictures are not in order....

What a brave little boy...
Ryan blowing out the candles on his oreo.
I guess this piano was in the movie "Big". Cory was appalled that I've never seen or heard of that film.We couldn't resist getting our picture with Harry, Hagrid, and Ron in their Lego form. My brother Jeff would be going crazy for this kind of opportunity!
Checking out the competition at the park.

Happy Birthday Baby!!

Josh did not like the fake raft going over the fake water...I have to admit, it was pretty intense.

10 comments:

Lori said...

Happy Birthday boys!! Sounds like a great week! NYC seems like a rad place to live by. We actually put in an application for two schools in NYC. So...maybe we'll be heading out your way in a year. That'd be fun!!

Btw, Katie, things are going well. I'm still trying to figure out what I can and cannot eat...but it's coming. No changes yet with my energy or weight, but oh well. :) thanks for all your help!!

and PS?! You've NEVER heard of "Big?" WOW. I hope you and Ryan went out and rented that, asap.

Lindsey said...

Happy Birthday Josh and Happy Birthday Ryan! Can't believe Josh is 1 already, it's went way too fast!

Bianca said...

happy birthday to the boys...what a fun opportunity to be in NY...soak it all in :D

Megan said...

Happy Birthday wishes all around! Mmmm homemade oreo cookies - a good choice! And Anna didn't like the sticky feeling of frosting on her hands either - what silly little kids. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun.

I am wirh Lori and Cory...You have never heard of BIG?! That should change! Although most people though it was strange I had never seen Star Wars or the Indiana Jones movies...Ross fixed that soon after he found out. Lucky me ;)

Heidi said...

Happy birthday Ryan and Josh!!! I can't believe he's already one! I can't wait to see you guys.

Katie you've never heard of Big? You've got to see it.

Matt said...

Holy crap I forgot Ryan's birthday, dang, sure am sorry about that. I don't know if I'm more shocked about forgetting your birthday or the fact that Katie hasn't seen BIG. (I know everyone has said that so far, but it still is funny). Anyway, enjoy your summer and the break from school.

Ashley said...

Hello there! It looks like the birthday boys enjoyed themselves, good job with the cake Katie.

Ryan, it's kind of comforting to know other people are doing it too, (dental school+wife and kid(s), I just keep telling myself "they wouldn't do it if it couldn't be done, right?!) Anyway, we would like a little info on the military route. ashleykuch@gmail.com

Thanks!

The Killer Bunch said...

Feliz Cumpleanos los dos! Our little Ryan has finally experienced what it's like to be 26. Four more years and we'll be 30! That is such a scary thought.

The Killer Bunch said...

I just noticed Ashley's comment. Have you or are you joinging the military in order to get through Dental School? Robert has been in contact with the Air Force in order to get through PA school. Any information or advice from you would be wonderful.

Zach and Erika said...

Happy Birthday to both of you! I can't believe little Josh is one! Looks like you had a lot of fun! We can't wait to see you in a few days!