The Real Star of "The Next Food Network Star"

As many of you may know, a local North Ogdenite has reached the national stage on the show "The Next Food Network Star". While you may think that it could be Blake Johnson and his exotic dishes dressed with clippings of house plants, you'd be wrong. Those of you who have eaten at my parents house may think someone different. Perhaps the Food Network is looking for a chef who knows how to make entire meals without a single gram of fat. Could it be my mom? Sorry.

Let me stop stringing you along. Those from the Ben Lomond Stake will recognize Kelsey Nixon as the future star. Green shirt with the elbow sticking out.

The other day I was having breakfast and saw that they were doing a promotion where they were giving out breakfast at Grand Central Station. I thought, "hmm.. I'll go get some free breakfast, as well as say hi." So on my way to school I swung by and did just that.

While there I had my picture taken, and they gave me a card to retrieve my picture online. All I can say is Kelsey better watch out. As you can see by the picture (taken by a professional), I look like I belong on TV.


In other news, check out this link: http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=3906861&cl=8044898&ch=4226713&src=news
The place where the guy landed was in North Powder. This is where I would've gone to school had we not moved to Utah. Population: 489. Maybe the "rancher" who found the balloon was my uncle...

5 comments:

Mr. Belvedeere said...

you suck so bad...there was free breakfast to be had and you didn't let me know about it. bad form, bad form. mucho, mucho, mucho bad form

Megan said...

My sis facebooked my cousin that is in NY right now about that breakfast...I totally forgot you lived there or I would have told you about it too. I can tell people I used to babysit that Kelsey - you know stake my claim to fame. Too bad we don't have cable so I could watch another mormon on a reality show...it's always entertaining. Since you seem to be the pro at finding all sorts of weird news articles and clips on people you know or lived by (aren't you supposed to be going to school? when do you have time for all of that?) is there a place I could download 'The Next Food Network Star?'

Your other clip reminded me of an episode of Myth Busters...but not as good.

Chelsie said...

Hey Ryan! It's Megans sister...I ventured on over...your blog cracks me up...and I am SO the same way when it comes to comments! I get rather sad when I don't have a new email saying that another comment has been made. I'm so glad you went and visited Kels...how was the breakfast? Did they serve somethin fancy?!

Ryan said...

Naw, it was actually cold (supposed to be hot), and kinda blah. I forgot to mention that Bobby Flay was there but left like an hour before I got there. Dang!

The Killer Bunch said...

In reference to your last comment on my blog, you're right what was I thinking? I need to take this opportunity to publicly declare that if you want to know which tooth your baby has just cut ask Ryan Blaine Allen, future Dentist of America. He definately knows what he is talking about. Will you forgive me?