Kids!

Man, we haven't posted for a while! Things are going well, we're basically moved into our new apartment, except for the odds and ends that will probably stay unorganized for a good amount of time...The boys are doing well. Josh is so funny, today I was singing him a song, and it wasn't the one he asked for, so after I finished he said, "Silly mommy. This is how it goes:_____" And he proceeded to sing the right song. He also is kind of a shy dude (but he's getting a lot better), so when people come over (for example, Wes) he'll say, "I scared of Wes." and I'll explain to him that he's not scared, probably just shy. So then he'll say, "Yes, I shy of Wes. I shy." It is so cute. And for our Mr. Carter, he is just one jolly little guy, always calm and smiling....except when he's at church or plugged up (sorry Carter, but it's true). Then you had better cover your ears because, I tell you what, this kid can scream! I think he's getting the reputation of being the screamer at church, so I doubt anyone would believe how happy he is, but at least I get to teach YW and have Ryan being the one to walk the halls with him.
Let's see, what else? Hmm, I dyed my hair a dark brown. Well, actually my friend Rachel did the dying, but I really like it. Maybe it's because it was purple for a couple of days before it got to the dark brown, and because I don't have 2 inches of roots showing anymore, but I'm pretty sure I just like it.
Anyway, we got the boys' 2 yr old and 2 months old pictures taken, and of course I like them. Kind of funny, though, Josh was being "shy"- no, he was scared this time, and was crying and causing all sorts of a fuss. The nice photographer was great and eventually got him to smile, but you can kind of tell he's still a bit hesitant with it all. And poor Carter was woken up from his nap, so every time she'd try to pose him, his head would start drooping. We kept yelling and poking him and clapping and looking like idiots, but he could not perk up. It was hilarious. We'd get the perfect pose, but by the time the photographer would get out of the way, Carter was face down. I loved it. I guess it just makes it real to life, right? But here are a couple of them.

9 comments:

Chelsee said...

Josh looks like such a big kid in those pictures. Cute. You'll have to post pics of your hair. I wish we could see it when it was purple.

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, they're so adorable!!

Zach and Erika said...

I love the pics! Those are two handsome kiddos! We miss them! Oh, and you guys too :)

Megan said...

I think those pictures turned out way cute! Sometimes I wish Anna was shy. She will approach complete strangers and ask them to play - regardless of where we are at. Congrats on getting all moved in and what not - I bet that is a great feeling!

Heidi said...

I can't believe how huge Carter is! Although, I think him and Gavin are pretty close in size.
You definitely need to post pictures of your hair. That's great you guys are in your new place.

Katie said...

Haha, yeah. He's a whopping 16 pounds! We'll see how long it takes him to outweigh Josh...
I have a bunch of pictures to post, but I can't find that darn camera cord!

Matt, Julee, Carlee, Danilyn and Peter said...

cute photos. man, u guys have lots of friends who leave comments on your blog! we need to get together again soon. i want to see your kids & hair too. how much does carter weigh???

Matt, Julee, Carlee, Danilyn and Peter said...

p.s. i can't believe u guys moved! i hope u like your new place.

The Haggerty Family said...

So cute! They look like best buds!