Modest is hottest

So this past week in Young Womens we had a chastity lesson. In the adult session of our stake conference, our stake president said that we aren't teaching our children enough about chastity and said because there's so much going on now in the world, that we need to have frank talks with our children about what is okay and what isn't. (Luckily we can wait for a while before having the talk with Josh). Anyway, this led to a lesson coming from the stake that we taught last week and today. Part of the lesson focused on modesty, so I had Ryan and my counselors' husbands come in to talk to the girls about what modesty means to a guy. I thought what Ryan said was really telling of what great girls he hung out with in high school. He told the young women that he didn't really hang out with immodest girls because all of his girl-friends (is that how you write non girlfriend girlfriends?) were modest. He said that because they were modest, he was able to get to know their personalities, like who they were as individuals (the guys were explaining that a lot of boys don't care about anything but looks and kissing in high school), and appreciate their intellect. He also said that he respected his friends because of their modesty. I can't repeat it like he said it, but it was neat to hear how important his girl-friends were to him and what a positive impact they made on his life. Thanks for your examples!

Late night picture of the new -do. See, Ryan respects me too because I throw random shirts over my shoulders to be modest. Besides the fact that it does wonders for my complexion.Carter pooped all over his one outfit at my friend Rachel's house, so he got to sport a lady's onesie for a while. He didn't seem to mind....although I have to admit, there's no way he could pass for a girl--he's too manly!My real-to-life photo shoot. Josh has entered the stage where nothing is safe from his curiosity. Today when he was supposed to be napping, I found his clothes all over his bed with him sitting in the top drawer of his dresser....

6 comments:

Megan said...

Your hair looks cute - I wish I were brave like you and changes my hair style. I think I have had virtually the same one since about 8th grade. Awesome. I don't think I even noticed that Carter's outfit was girly - he definitely is all boy! LOL.

Heidi said...

I'm so touched! We love you guys and we are so lucky to have the friends we do. I can't wait to see you guys next month.
I love that last picture of Josh.

Blake said...

I am not touched. I am insulted. Not once did I ever wear low cut shirts, tube tops, short-shorts, or mini-skirts. No one seems to be giving me credit for being a good example. In fact, I have never worn a two piece swimsuit in my life. Credit where credit is due people.

Matt, Julee, Carlee, Danilyn and Peter said...

That is hilarious. I can't wait...or maybe I can;) You always look so beautiful with any hair style. We should try to get together soon!

The Killer Bunch said...

Like Heidi I am very touched, thank you for such a nice compliment. Although you guys were always modest, I always admired the way you tried us "girls," which was with the utmost respect. It set the standard for the guys I would later date. I hold my "guy friends" in the highest regards.

The Killer Bunch said...

CORRECTION: "treated" us girls