Sister Sister!

Man, we have been busy busy! Last week my sister Erin came to visit us (minus hubby and kiddos) all the way from Hawaii. It was so much fun! We honestly did not stop from the time we picked her up from the airport to the timewe dropped her off. She came bearing gifts...and I was blown away by how creative and talented she is! Honestly, she stole all of the creative genes. No joke. She made me a purse and the boys all got teddy bear backpacks. She bought the bears from Good Will; took out the stuffing and washed it and the bears; stuffed it all back, cut open the tummy and lined it; and put in a zipper and straps. The boys absolutely love them. Anyway, there's a bajillion things I couldsay, but instead I'll just go by days...
Tuesday we picked Erin up and hung out. Of course, picking her up was crazy because she dropped her phone and it shattered, and her flight said United Airlines when in was really Continental. Luckily, Erin called Jason who called me who was freaking out but drove to the right terminal to pick up Erin.
Wednesday, Catlin, my awesome friend/downstairs neighbor, watched the two older boys while Erin and I went shopping. (I've found it's dangerous to go shopping with other women...if I want to be frugal it's best to go with my husband). That night we went to the broadway play, Wicked. It was amazing, of course!
Erin did my hair, hemmed and added that yellow pleat deal you see there to my dress, just so I could enjoy "Wicked" in style.

Thursday, we went into the city so Erin could meet with her publisher. Yes, I just said publisher. Erin's getting her picture book, "'A' is for Muskox", published this coming fall. Honestly, she's got more creativity in her little pinky...back to Thursday. I was in the city, by myself, with three children, while Erin went out to eat with her publisher. We walked into McDonalds and all heads turned to us. I took a few deep breaths, pushed the double stroller in, with Landon in a carrier on my front, and ordered our chicken nuggets. We may have had a few crazy moments, but all in all, we did just fine!

That doesn't look too crazy, does it? Hah.

Friday, we went to the Statue of Liberty. That's it. Even though it took us about five hours. It was pretty cool, though. We got to walk into the base of the statue and see how big she really is, and how high up it is. Josh and Carter walked up the stairs all by themselves, and Erin saved the day by running down them with Josh to take him to the bathroom. To this day, I'm still wondering how they made it.

Cute little Landon was ready to go home after a cool/cold day at Liberty Island.

Josh wore this headband all over, the first day we went into the city. He insisted this was the way to wear it, too!

Saturday, Ryan watched the two older boys (they were worn out!) while Erin, Landon, and I headed into the city. We went to the Museum of Modern Art (MOMA), China town, and somewhere else...hmm. Maybe I shouldn't be typing this at night. Anyway, we both loved MOMA, but Erin loved it more. Being a creative, artistic soul, she couldn't help but be thrilled at all of the art. Funny thing, Erin kept laughing at different random pieces of art, she loved them, and they all turned out to be by the same artist. It was funny to walk into a room, see Erin laugh and love a quirky piece of art, and go over to see the name of the same artist, Marcel something or other, over and over again.
Erin and Starry Night: two pretty things in one picture.

Erin's favorite quirky artist's piece of art. If you don't get it, ask Erin.

Sunday, Erin came to sacrament meeting at church and then it was off to the airport.
It was a bummer to see her go. We had a lot of laughs, crazy weather, and good good conversation. We've always gotten along (well, like sisters do), but I felt like this time we were more similar. We've grown more alike, and it was funny to listen to her laugh, because I know that I laugh exactly the same way. Erin, thanks for coming, and next time, I'll come to you...in Hawaii!

No comments: