Nerd Alert


Tonight during dinner, Katie asked me an interesting question. I would like to pose it to all of you as well. Feel free to comment, we're all dorks here. The question was: "If you were a character in Harry Potter, who would you be?" Not the normal topic of conversation around our household, which makes it all the more interesting.

Well, my initial impression was to say I would be Harry Potter. After all, my friends in high school were always kind enough to remind me that I had a huge ego, and they didn't think there was any way my head could get any bigger. (Which is ironic, as I actually do have a large head - literally.) Who else would I be but the hero in all the books? The guy who gets all the glory, while his friends stand back in awe of his majesty.

While I think my head has shrunk quite a bit over the years (figuratively), I would have to stick with my initial impression. Not just for the reasons mentioned above, but also because we both have scars on our foreheads. Albeit mine is in the form of a bump, due to repeated trauma - first when my forehead met the sidewalk, and second when my forehead met the hood of a car.

Which leads me to my next question: who would you all be, and why? Katie and I got a good laugh thinking about who would be who. Rustin would be Neville (not because he is chunky, but because he can dance...), Blake would be Ron (loyal to the end - man's best friend), Norm would be Malfoy (this according to Katie - it may have something to do with government assistance and an X-Box...), Jeff would be Hermione (intelligent in his fields of interest, usually needs to be right, etc.). While it's funny to compare Jeff to a girl, you gotta admit it is right on target!

We considered others, but they aren't coming to mind right now. Feel free to leave a comment. I'd love to hear your thoughts about yourself, and others. I would also love to know that we're not the only dorks who think about these kinds of things...

8 comments:

Ryan said...

(This is Katie) Ryan forgot to mention that I should be Ginny. You know, the younger girl that gets looked over by the guy she likes until she grows up and blossoms into a smart and dependable side kick.

Megan said...

Besides the fact that I too have a scar on my forehead, if you will, sadly I don't think Harry and I have much in common. I could possibly be one of the Weasly's since I have red hair....but most likely I am Luna Lovegood - no explanation needed.

Heidi said...

That's a hard one, I'm probably Mrs. Weasley. The coolest mom ever and a big worry wart!

Ryan said...

i have never seen or heard anything about Harry Potter...so I don't know. Sounds like Ryan's had too many instances of repetitive head trauma throughout his life---which explains so many things.

Ryan said...

Ok, I'm not schizophrenic. That was Rustin posting that last comment. He hijacked my computer, as he was not astute enough to bring his to school... I'm gonna show you some head trauma boy.

The Killer Bunch said...

I'm glad to know I not the only 26 year old that enjoys a good Harry Potter conversation. As for the question, I would be Hermione because I like to think I'm spicey like she is. Plus I have the same issues with my hair as she did.

Keely Kellett said...

Oh I would totally be Hermione. I was very "bookish" in school and always took the advanced placement classes. I loved her in the books and always thought she was great becuase she was smart and didn't care if pepole thought she was a "nerd". Go Hermione!

Jeff said...

Hermione? You wanna compare me to Hermione? Ok so I do have to be right most of the time, even though most of the time I really am...I think.