A little update

I'm about ready to head to bed, and I'm wishing I would have thought of that novel idea sooner. Just wanted to do a quick update.

Ryan's doing well in school. He's studying well and for the most part, enjoying his classes. His school schedule has a bit rough on us this semester, though. He has night classes both Mondays and Tuesdays, so he gets home around 9:45 pm those two nights, and then I leave for Young Womens on Wednesdays. Thursdays are our favorite days because Ryan gets home at 7:00 and I don't go anywhere. Fridays we have a date night which sometimes is hard because we don't always want to leave Josh...but it's good for our marriage. Haha, sometimes that's the only way I can get Ryan to leave Josh, by reminding him that we need time together too. (P.S. I love babysitting co-op!) Anyway, believe me, I know we could have it worse, so we're happy with what we've got.

For my section, I'll just talk about this new pregnancy (I know the guys will probably skip over this part). I am around 12 weeks along. The ultrasound I had on Tuesday said I was 11 weeks, but according to my calculations, I'm not 100% sure that's right. Haha, I should be 13 weeks along, I want to be 15 weeks, and yet I'm probably closer to 10 weeks. The weird thing was that my doctor didn't really tell me my due date, so I asked what it was. He said, "Oh, it's what we thought it was", which would put me closer to 14 weeks (they thought I was a week ahead last time), then he looked at the ultrasound and saw that it recorded me at 11 weeks and then said that was right because it put my close to my estimated due date (April 9th), which would put me at 13 weeks. (Was that a really long run-on sentence?) I know it's not a huge deal, but I've got to admit I feel a bit lost not knowing my official due date. However, I really do like my doctor. He probably doesn't care as much as I due (get the pun?) about my due date, as long as the baby looks good. Which, he or she does, thank goodness. If it's a girl, we like the name Addison, Addy for short. If it's a boy, we've already used Joshua, so we're basically out of ideas. If anyone has any cute boy names they want to throw out there, please feel free to do so!

Now for Josh's turn. Joshua is growing up so fast. He says a lot of words and signs a lot of words, but he's also jabbering a lot, and you can tell that he expects us to know what he is saying. I feel bad him. I don't know if he's figured out that our "oh reallys?" and "yeahs?" mean we have no clue what he's talking about. He likes to make animal sounds, especially lion sounds. He knows the sounds of a dog, monkey, cow, snake, and lion. Right now, his favorite word is no. When he says no, you know he means it, too! He puckers up his face and adamantly says, "No no no!", sometimes using his pointer finger to emphasize his point. Usually this is when he does something he's not supposed to do, like stand on a chair, play with the power chords, open the DVD cases, dump out cereal, stand on a box and pull things off a stand, turn off the computer, eat the cell phone, climb up on our food storage, play with the bike chains, or play with the toilet brush. Hahaha, he's at the stage where everything must be disassembled or pulled down. It keeps me busy, that's for sure. He loves balls, loves his binky (especially now since he can only have it for nap time), and loves anything that comes apart and can be put back together. He's getting so big, and that's a good thing, since he'll be a big brother soon. That's actually a frightening thought right now, but I just have to remind myself that he won't be 16 months old when the baby comes....he'll be 22 months....much better, right? ;)

Here are some random pictures to go along with my random post.

When I ask Josh to smile, this is what I get. It's almost like he's practiced before...and yes, this is one of Josh's "no!" moments, so why am I taking a picture?

Rachel and I slaving away at mutual. Our husbands think we just play around while they watch the kids, but I feel this picture really shows how taxing mutual night can be! I mean, I can't even see out of my left eye!

Josh showing off his new outfit aunt Ashley got for him. Thanks Ashley!


These, my friends, are a dozen red roses Ryan bought for me about a week back. I don't know how it happened either, but I loved them! Thanks, honey.

13 comments:

Carrie said...

Congrats on the pregnancy! I didn't even know...where have I been? I LOVE the name Addison too...it's one girl name we agreed on but we had a boy...we'll see if I use it the next time around. As for boys names, I like Tucker, Max, Riley (obviously)I'll try and think of more for ya!

Heidi said...

I'm glad that things are going well! I kind of feel the same about my due date. Last time she was telling me that I was almost a week later than she had been telling me previously so now I don't know which one to go off of? Oh well, as long as we have our babies eventually, right? Josh is so cute and getting so big. We miss you guys tons!!!

Ryan said...

I remember it being 2 dozen roses. The angle of the camera must block out 10 or so. It's hard to count...

Katie said...

Hahaha, I'm sorry Ryan! I knew that, really. AND they were long stemmed....what a great guy, eh?

Chelsee said...

That is so confusing about your due date. Sorry about that I am sure it would be a good thing to know. Hey did you get that email about the hotel? Josh sounds like he is being so cute right now I can't wait to meet him.

Megan said...

Humph! That's what I wanted to name Annabelle (Addison) and Ross wouldn't let me because he was convinced I wanted to name her after Addison on my 'sex show' (that is what he calls it) a.k.a. Greys Anatomy. So I am jealous if you get to name her that. As for boys names, Ross and I can't ever decide so I am convinced we will have all girls and if that is that case I feel bad for Ross. haha. Good luck with the names and the pregnancy.

Lindsey said...

Hey Congrats on the baby! Shelley told me a few weeks ago and I have been waiting for you to post about it so I could tell you Congratulations! Josh will be such a good big brother!

BKC said...

So what's teh babysitting co-op?

I always fibbed about my due date. It was Dec. 2 but I would say the end of November. Made me feel better.

Katie said...

Babysitting co op is this nice thing where couples get together and each take a Friday night watching each other's kids. We have four families in our group, so once a month on Friday night Ryan and I watch the four babies (the time allotment is from 6:30 to 10:30pm), and then we have three weeks out of the four that we drop Josh off to the different families and have free babysitting! The kids love it too, and it helps them to make friends. It's really great, a shout out to Susie who brought the idea with her to Staten Island!

Kevin and Rachel said...

Congratulations!!! That's awesome! Joshua is soo big now! And don't feel scared to have them only 22 months apart. It's not that bad. I actually love it! Brooklynn and Tyler are 23 months apart, I think it's perfect. I hope everything goes well. Take care you guys!

The Killer Bunch said...

Congrats! Apparently I missed the blog entry that announced that you were expecting. How every neat. I'm so excited for you two! You've got the reassurance that you're next one will be cute because Joshua is. This next one is bound to look something like him, right?

P.S. Tell Ryan that I saw Jessica at WHS since I teach there now. It was kind of neat to have a Big Celeb there.

Ben and Anna said...

I will join my congrats to the rest. I will warn you that the destructive stage Joshua is in...it doesn't end! James is 2 1/2 , and it's still going strong!! :)

Brooke said...

Josh is so cute! Thanks for updating your blog so I can read all about you guys! :)