Where Do I Start?

When you go this long without blogging, you're bound to have a lot to talk about. Let's talk about what's at hand. As I sit here during halftime of the Bull Crap Series (aka the BCS), I can't help but think to myself how I can't wait for Obama to take office. WHAT??? You heard me. The guy plans on building a basketball court in the White House, how bad could he be? Maybe I'll get around to visiting the place now.

Actually, the biggest hope I have for Obama making his famous "Change" comes in the form of the aforementioned BCS. Never has a more ridiculous method of determining a "champion" existed. Obama wants a real playoff for college football. That right there scores some major points for him in my book. In my opinion the Utah Utes should be the national champs. This coming from a big BYU fan. Rick Reilly of ESPN is brilliant. Here is what he wrote about it.

Now that I've gotten that off my chest. Here's what we've been up to lately:


(UL) Josh and I during the biggest winter storm I've ever seen in NYC. I'm not kidding, I've never seen more snow since we've lived here.
(UR) Josh in desperate need of a haircut.
(ML) Josh wanted a lot of socks on. He kept askin', so we kept givin'. I think he's got 9 pairs.
(MM) My son is a baller. He can just about dunk it.
(MR) Josh & his cousins Avery & Hayden. Josh followed Avery everywhere.
(BL) Josh's new preferred method of sleeping. A sweater, beanie & binky.
(BR) Christmas dinner at the Farnsworth's... buffet style. Mmm.

We had a blast on our trip to Utah, and wish we could've stayed another week. It was great to see our families and to spend some quality time with them. My little sister Ashley made a major confession, and my little brother Matt taught me a new phrase I thought I should pass on. We were also able to talk to Katie's brother Tom who is on his mission in Germany.

First, let me share Ashley's confession. I apologize to anyone who ate over at my house when I was in high school. Ashley told us that after we all went to school in the morning, she would do the dishes. Pretty good for a pre-school aged kid, right? Except for the fact that she would lick the dishes clean, and put them back in the cupboard. I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.

Second, here is a new saying for the next time you almost win a game with friends. When playing the Mexican Train Game, my brother Matt came within 1 tile of winning. He wasn't able to play the tile, and went on to set the all-time record for the worst score in a round. His reaction when tallying up his score: "I was so close I could almost lick it!" I didn't know that's how the saying goes... And what is with these kids and licking?

We were also able to hang out with a bunch of friends and their little families. Every single little kid there was a boy between 1-2 years old roughly, with 2 more boys on the way, and 1 yet to be determined (unless someone else is holding out on us...). It was good to see you all!

Our trip back was very eventful. An hour and a half into our flight, we decided to feed Josh dinner. I set him on my lap, and Katie started feeding him applesauce. We had only gotten a few bites in, when he started acting like he was going to throw up. I told Katie to hurry and grab a ziplock bag so that if he did throw up, I could catch it in the bag. Crisis averted. Almost. For a split second, I turned my head to look at Katie, and wouldn't you know it, he threw up all over himself, and all over me (none in the bag). Don't worry, Katie got away without a spot on her, and my pants and sweater acted as a natural reservoir in collecting all the vomit, so the seats stayed clean too! It was awful, but we were lucky enough to have the nicest guy on the whole plane sitting next to us. He even took Josh's clothes to the bathroom and rinsed them out! Who does that?

Thanks everyone for a great break. Hopefully we can do it again soon!

8 comments:

Ben and Anna said...

Hilarious family stories, and the guy must have had kids!

As for the BCS, I think we are all a little peeved about how that is working. I have been frusterated for years, but this year has just really brought light on it! It kind of puts a damper on the whole college football thing. There goes the fall!

Megan said...

Every year the same BSC mumbo jumbo begins. Don't get me wrong, I agree with you. It's just...I hear about it a lot ;) Sounds like you had a fun trip back home. I could totally see myself licking the plates so spotless that nobody could tell..in fact, my dessert plate usually looks like that. Hmmm. Is it worse since I am not in pre-schoo?!

Heidi said...

We loved being able to see you guys! Sorry for the eventful trip back home, but at least you had a nice guy there helping you. I'm trying really hard not to think about the fact I could have eaten off of Ashley's licked dishes, but I guess we'll still be friends with you.

Cassandra said...

Your brother says "hi" from Burleson, TX. He's working so hard that his black pants have been bleached orange by the sun, lol.
He is really polite and nice to have over. Please let your parents know that we appreciate his efforts.

Lori said...

ahh man. we had a projectile vomiting moment on a plane recently too... SUPER fun! bleh. glad you guys made it back okay!

Mr. Belvedeere said...

my cure for the bcs problem is to put all the quarterbacks into a ring and have a huge royal rumble wwf style. the last two standing get to have their teams in the n.c.
sorry to hear how disgusting the plane ride was. airlines should really have figured out the problem with kids on planes by now. maybe they should just turn 'em loose in the cargo area or distribute baby vicoden before a flight.

Zach and Erika said...

I've waited for you to make a post and it was worth the wait! Funny stuff. And gross.

Kristin said...

Ryan, sorry we left you out of the loop. I guess I assumed Blake told you, my apologies. :)