Fun in the semi-sun

This week is Ry's spring break, and although we haven't done much, a lot of it has been spent running errands, we were able to get out and go to the Bronx Zoo for the one day that was somewhat warm.Ryan wasn't very impressed with the zoo (he said Hogle zoo puts it to shame--props to my grandpa, aka retired director of the zoo) but I liked it, and Josh had a blast. The main reason it wasn't as exciting as it could have been is because it is still the winter season, so a lot of the animals weren't there. Luckily we were able to go Wednesday which is donation day...:) Josh's favorite animals were the mom and baby giraffes. He kept talking about them all day. I've got to admit they were pretty cute. He had a few rough moments, like wanting to take every picture BY HIMSELF with out listening to reason, and wanting to push the stroller BY HIMSELF even though he got frustrated with it....ah, the joys of toddlerhood. It was a lot of fun, though, and Ry and I didn't even mind the horrible traffic coming back because Josh took his nap on the drive home.When we got home, I hosted YW's at my house because we were cooking. Little did I know that my co-leaders and YW and their moms were going to throw me a shower!! I was so surprised, and it was so sweet of them. When my good friend Rachel showed up (she's a counselor), she told me not to eat a big dinner because of the dessert we were planning on for later. I didn't really listen to her though, and I regretted it later, because they brought pizza, California rolls, chips, and dessert! We played games and had presents and I honestly felt so....loved. Haha. It was really sweet.

We've started talking to Josh about the potty and putting him on before he takes a bath, and he's been telling us when he's going #2 (Won't Josh love this piece of history when he's 15?), but we haven't officially started potty training. Well, last night when we were changing him into pajamas, Ryan asked if he needed to go to the bathroom. He acted like he might need to, so Ryan ran him into the bathroom and Josh stood on his step-up stool while I ran some water. It was so funny--all of the sudden Josh said "It's coming!", and a few seconds later, Josh went in the potty! We gave him a sucker for going, and then today he did it again, again telling us that "It's coming!" Funny kid.

Last thing is mainly for the grandparents, but it's Josh singing the ABCs. He's such a talker, it's crazy to hear the things that come out of his mouth. We're pretty happy to have this little guy in our family.



5 comments:

Zach and Erika said...

show-offs. jk. avery and i watched josh's abc's four times! Smarty pants! We miss him!

Chelsee said...

Hey girl I wanted to answer your questions... Yes I would recommend the Space Bags however the jumbo ones don't stay all that small so fill them below the "fill line." And yes we are moving to UT in October and we will be there until January. Matt is working at Huntsman Cancer Center. When Carter comes we might just have to come up there and meet him. Love the name BTW:)

Megan said...

Love baby showers - how awesome they through one for you. Usually you only get one with the first baby and I could really go for not having to buy an entire wardrobe for another kid ;) The video is cute too. Annabelle amazes me every day still with the things she says and her imagination - they just pick up more and get smarter each day. More head aches come along with it too - well, that could just be my child. It's pay back for me after all ;)

Heidi said...

That's neat they threw you a shower.
It sounds like you guys are doing well and having fun. Good luck with your new little one!

susan said...

I would never know Josh is such a talker. He is always so shy around me.

I won't have too high of expectations when we go to the Bronx Zoo. Doesn't that glass window in front of the tiger make you a little paranoid? I'm always so scared they're going to bust through that thing.