Never Do That Again

I've been told I'm long overdue for a post. As I sit here trying to think of something to blog about, I recall something that Katie asked me not too long ago. I vowed that after this incident I would blog it, and the time has come.

Let me set the stage.

I've never been accused of having too much facial hair. In fact as I sit here in class I can pick out a few girls who can grow more facial hair than I can. I don't know who that reflects worse upon. But I digress. Unlike those guys who need to shave every day, I can usually go through a good 3 days without shaving, with no negative side effects. Sometimes I'll go 4 days, but by then I usually start looking like Adam Morrison. I try to avoid this.

Due to the sparseness of hair follicles both above & below my mouth area, I only use an electric razor. Fast forward to Katie's question...

"Ryan, does your skin burn after you shave your face?"

"Well," I respond, "every once in awhile it does, but usually I..." and then I think to myself, why in the world would she care?

At this point I stop answering, and begin asking why she is so concerned as to the sensitivity of my face. Katie began backpedaling, and became extremely reticent. Now I had to know what was going on, so I decided to hark back to the skills I learned on my mission for interrogating people. You know what I mean, discovering investigators doubts and then resolving them... Anyway.

After many back and forth comments, I found out that Katie, unable to find her razors, and with an overpowering urge to shave her armpits, decided that my facial razor would do the trick. Not so much. I wanted to be mad, but I could only laugh. And I laughed every time she complained about her armpits for the next few days. Lesson learned I think.

My only question is, how many of you women out there have done the same thing, and just not been caught doing it? Guys, I think we need to be more vigilant in defending our razors.

10 comments:

Ashley said...

That is hilarious and I'm sure Katie just LOVES that you put that out there for the whole world to read!

I wish Kris could go a few days in between shaves. He's a once a day kind a guy. I hate it! He's too prickly. Be glad Ryan, I'm sure Katie is!

Heidi said...

That is so funny! I have to say I've never used Aaron's razor, but I do use his shaving cream when I run out which drives him crazy.

Bianca said...

LOL - nope, never tried that. BUT...thanks for the great idea!

Yo Mama said...

Guilty, guilty, guilty. Noah hates it, but I think we both know he'd rather have to get a new razor than see me with hairy pits.

Megan said...

Electric razor, no. Regular one, yes. Why do guys get so mad when we do it anyway? I remember my dad would hide his from me. Guys razors just seem to work so much better.

At first I thought you were going to say that Katie shaved her face with your razor seeing as how that is what started the post. I am glad that was not the case. Not because it would be terrible if she had to (although probably not desirable), but because you blogged about it. No es bueno.

Katie said...

Okay, I just want to let everyone know that I used his razor because he dulled my razor by shaving the back of his neck!! :)

Jordan said...

Katie R and I are laughing... Really hard

Blake said...

Ryan, grooming tolerance is not a one way street. You cannot expect Katie to respect the man's razor if you are using her Gillette Venus Divine razor to shave neck hair better suited for clippers. For your sake it better have been a Schick Intuition with moisturizers to avoid shave burn on your neck. As for me, I don't use electric because my Grizzly Adams type facial hair puts up too much of a fight for many electric razors. Even then, I'm pretty sure Kristin uses my blades once in a while.

Zach and Erika said...

Not I. But then again, Zach's a real man. Only REAL razors for him...but I do steal those!

Unknown said...

I have never used a men's electrical razor, but I bought myself a Mach 3 razor a few years ago and use it still! They are so much better than women's razors!