Chugging Along

So we have some good news: Josh's collar bone is healed! We had so many problems trying to find a doctor that took our insurance and saw children that we actually didn't see a doctor until three weeks after Josh broke his bone....by then it was basically healed. The doctor wanted me to bring Josh back four weeks from then to take one last x-ray, but considering I'll have just given birth and the doctor lives in Brooklyn I've decided to forgo that appointment. We are really sick of doctors! I go twice a week for my OB appts, and we've had to see doctors for Josh, so I don't feel too guilty about one less visit.

Well, I'm now 36.5 weeks pregnant! I can't believe how quick this pregnancy has seemed to go. Actually though, when I stop and think that I was pregnant in August, it does seem like a long time. I still have no real complaints. My blood sugar levels are great: my HbA1C was 5.7!! For those who don't know (which excluding Heidi Nelson and family is probably everyone), that's an awesome number. I'm just so grateful to have been able to control my sugars so well with out a good doctor, and believe me, I know it's not all due to me. I had a lot of help from above. I'm very lucky to have a husband who can give priesthood blessings; they've been so instrumental in getting little Carter here with out complications due to diabetes. The one thing that's changed is that I'm starting to feel a lot of pressure (physically, not emotionally, haha). I don't really remember feeling it with Josh, so I don't know if it means anything. My doctor here doesn't check to see how dialated you are unless you complain of any problem, which I think is really weird. Is it just me? Maybe I'll tell him I'm feeling lots of pressure and that that's problem enough for me to want to be checked. I mean, besides my doctor, who wouldn't check on something like that?
Anyway, going back to the middle of the last paragraph, you might have caught on that we're going to name this kid Carter. We've really struggled with coming up with a name, but we both like Carter, and so does Josh. :) His full name will be Carter Evan Allen, unless he comes out looking like a Luigi or something, but I highly doubt that.
This week is spring break for Ryan, so we're pretty happy about that. We won't be going anywhere due to doctor appts and me being very pregnant, but we are planning on going on a small hike, taking a trip to the Bronx Zoo, and just enjoying having Ryan around. Josh really dotes on his father, and I think it'll be really good for Josh to have one last time where he has his dad to himself.

Below: Josh's first attempts at capturing the life of Ryan and Katie.

10 comments:

Megan said...

You look so awesome for being so close to giving birth. And I DO think it is weird that your doc doesn't check and see how dilated you are, but whatever I guess. So is your diabetes the reason you have to go to the OB twice a week? I hate those dang appointments so I feel for ya going so much. I hope everything continues to go well for you guys and the labor and delivery part. We are struggling with the boy name thing too. Funny though, I like the name Evan and Ross thinks its 'okay' - I guess only time...and our persuasion skills, will tell.

Erin Cabatingan said...

So, since I never actually talk to you on the phone, I guess I will have to post here. Because I have something very important to say.

I think you should make one eensy change the baby's name. Only one letter, even. I think you should name him Carter Ivan Allen. 'Cause then he would have cool initials.

(See, wasn't that important?)

And I'm glad Josh is better. I was worried about him not getting to see a doctor.

Good luck with everything!

Erin Cabatingan said...

PS--I can't believe how big (and cute) Josh is getting!

Bianca said...

Congrats on an awesome pregnancy despite the fact that you don't have a good diabetes doctor - but it doesn't surprise me - you are just good at that kind of stuff! You always have been. Can't wait to see pics of the little guy.

BKC said...

Once again, you are the cutest pregnant girl EVER. Seriously, I can't believe that babe is ready to come! Good luck with everything...Josh is such a cutie by the way!

Zach and Erika said...

I'm glad you gave an update, I've been wondering how you are doing. Can you believe it's already "that time"? It's hard when you get to that last little bit, but sounds like things are going well. I love Josh's tie! Cute guy!

Zach and Erika said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heidi said...

You look so cute! That's awesome your HbA1C is so good where you've basically been doing it all on your own! I love the name Carter, we're getting excited to see what Gavin's friend looks like.

Kristin said...

I love the name Carter! Good luck with the coming weeks, and post pictures as soon as he comes! Yea!

Jordan said...

Carter is my favorite name! You are such a good mom! I'm so happy for you!