Here Is Our Little Smurf

Well Carter Evans Allen is finally here. We're very excited, and both he and Katie are doing great. He was born on April 3rd at 6:40 PM. He was 7 lbs, 13 oz & was 19.5 inches long. I'm so very tempted to tell the birthing story, but I'll leave that for Katie.

I probably don't need to mention this once you see the pictures, but our baby is a little Smurf. Really though you could also call him a blueberry and not be far off as well. It appears as if his little face was all bruised after he was born, but it is slowly going away. It was bad enough that we passed up the newborn photos, due to the fact that his face was a very nice shade of purple.

See for yourself:


Here is day 2 with Katie & Carter:


Probably the best moment for me was seeing Josh's face when he saw Carter. It was awesome! Here's a picture not long after the brothers met:


Josh was so excited he could hardly contain himself:

12 comments:

Aleisha said...

OH CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I have to admit I've been anxiously awaiting to hear something, but didn't want to butt into private family time so thank you thank you for posting pictures!!! I love the picture of Josh looking at him, it's priceless! we're so happy for you, let us know if you need anything!!! (katie--especially AFTER your help leaves!)

Bianca said...

Congrats!! Wishing you all the best with your now family of four!!

Amber said...

Congratulations guys! Josh is going to be such a good big brother. You've got 2 cute boys. We are so happy for you!

Kristin said...

Congrats! I too love the picture of your three guys, so cute! Two little boys will be a lot of fun.

Heidi said...

Congratulations! We are so excited and can't wait to meet Gavin's friend.

Rustino Scar said...

i was wondering why you weren't in school yesterday. I guess that explains it to me. Congratulations on the new little guy. I was glad to read that everything went well...even though there is a story behind it? Congrats!

Lori said...

Congratulations!!!

Erika said...

Congrats!

Chelsee said...

Aah congrats!

Abel and Abby said...

Parabens! Your fam is looking great!Good job!

Griffeth Family said...

Congratulation you guys. Carter is really cute!

)en said...

Woowooooot! Congratulationz. Janet N. told me today it was a girl. I'm going to go ahead & say that is false. Your little blueberry is adorable and I'm glad you're doing well. I'd like to say i didn't try to calculate back to see if you were pregnant while we were at girls camp, but that would be a lie. Did you know then?? haha. fun stuff. p.s. coming to camp this year? ;)
hugs,

jenmo