New Running Shoes

So a couple of months ago Katie got all excited about a race she wanted to run in Central Park. She spread the word around the ward, and got others excited. Promises were made, "I'll do it if Ian does it," I said, to which Ian replied "I'll do it if Charles does it," to which Charles replied... You get the idea. So with my guys backing me, I told Katie I would run in her 4 mile race. Perfect excuse for new shoes, right? So I ran a few times before the race to break them in and to get my fat butt into shape.

Race day comes, and what's this? Ian & Charles didn't register? What? I'm the only guy in our ward running it? Thanks a lot. In Charles' defense, he came and watched all the kids. Anyway, long story short, I totally amazed myself. I ran a 9 minute mile pace, and was not even tired after the race. Not the greatest time, but hey, it far exceeded my expectations. Katie finished a couple minutes after, followed shortly by Jamie & Rachel. All in all it was a good experience. We'll see if this continues. Katie told me that if I run a marathon before I graduate, she'll move to Germany with me. Hmmm.



In other news, Josh is a true New Yorker. I find the NY accent so difficult to imitate. He sure seems to do well with it. I'm truly amazed that he's picked it up. Where in the world would he hear it? None of his little friends have the accent, nor does anyone else that he spends 99% of his time with. Here's the proof:



Our little Carter is getting so big. I guess I should say he is still big. But he is such a sweet little guy. He's always happy, and is so much fun:



Josh loves his little brother and always wants to be with him. Likewise Carter loves Josh.

9 comments:

Katie said...

Rachel, don't get mad. I know it was you that got everyone committed to running the race....when's our next one? :)

The Razzle Dazzle Family said...

Your boys are so cute. Love the videos of both of them.

Megan said...

Maybe Josh has been watching 'Newsies' behind your back ;) As for the promise Katie made to you about going to Germany - it sounds like the same one I made to Ross about 'if' we ever have triplet boys, I will let him name them Shadraq, Meshaq and Abenego. We both have confidence that we won't have to follow through ;)

Lori said...

that's awesome!!! love josh's accent. haha.

Zach and Erika said...

i am still hoping that you will run the top of utah 1/2. Put those new shoes to work! Can't wait to hear josh's accent. 9999999999999999!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness that is the cutest thing ever!! sad thing is he prob wont even say 9 for me till like the last day he is here!.. :( Cant wait till you all come visit!!
-Ashley (best sister eva!!)

Heidi said...

I'm not really hearing the accent, but they are both so big and cute! Carter and Gavin can have a contest to see who has more rolls. :)

Starley Family said...

It's amazing what our spouses get us into, eh? Looks like you guys are enjoying the Big Apple.

Zach and Erika said...

I am hoping to do the 1/2, I was so excited when i found out you guys are doing it. My knee has REALLY been bothering me since the Ragnar Race. Keep your fingers crossed for me! Can't wait to see you guys!