Workout Videos

I'll be honest, I can't understand workout videos. Katie's tried bribing me to do them with her. I just feel silly.

For those who know my wife, I'd think you'd have to admit how impressive it is the amount of time she spends working out. I'm lucky in a week if I exercise 1/50th as much as she does. She is crazy, though not certifiably. She's going to be running marathons into her 60's, while I'm in a walker.

Here is her most recent purchase off Ebay:


There's only one workout series that I could watch and do over and over. Body Flex with Greer Childers. This woman is amazing, see for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyxpXgS5deU&feature=related


The reason I bring this up is because of a guy I saw on the subway the other day. He was watching a workout video on his iPod, sitting there on the #4 train. I spent a good 15 minutes watching him, and trying to come up with a single reason as to why he was watching that video. I came up with exactly... none.

Like I said, I can't understand workout videos.

4 comments:

Zach and Erika said...

Finally! It's about time you updated this thing. I'll be honest, when I saw your title, my first thought was "did he get his hands on those work-out videos Mikki, Heidi and I made in highschool?" phew, what a relief. Greer is much more entertaining!

Ryan Allen said...

Actually I have those videos too, but yes, Greer is the best!

Nikki and Jenna thought workout videos would be fun to make too... What is with high school girls?

Megan said...

I have seen the Greer clip on Ellen. Good times. Good times. Workout DVD's have saved me since having Evan and not being able to go to the gym. Tell Katie the Jillian Michael ones are great. And if you are short on time, the 30 Day Shred ones are nice. And as for the subway guy - have you never heard of reverse osmosis?

Katie said...

Okay, Ryan's making it sound like I'm a work out machine...not so much, but thanks hon.

And I have to admit I like to watch Ryan do videos because secretly I think it's funny. :)