Help the poor girl!

The marathon is a few days away and I'm starting to get a bit nervous. Nervous about the fact that I'm actually running a marathon, nervous that we're having a a young woman from church watch the boys for us at the hotel until she meets up with our runner-friends' wives (she'll be fine, I know), nervous that Ryan wants us to drive back that same day, nervous because my knee started hurting a couple weeks ago and it still hurts when I jog, nervous because Carter just came down with a gunky cold and isn't sleeping at night, and nervous because I have a sore throat that's lasted since last night....I'm beginning to wonder how many chips can be stacked against a normal non-marathon runner person before they back out....I'm sure true blue marathoners would not see these things as much of an obstacle, but to be honest, I'm not even a marathon runner yet!

Now I'm not backing out yet (I might just save that for tomorrow), but I need help if anyone has advice. I'm going to get a knee brace and take ibuprofen...anything else I can do for the knee? Any other last minute advice?

We'll get back to you to let you know if we survived the weekend. I'm betting 50/50 that we make it....

6 comments:

Rustino Scar said...

keep ice on your knees after you're running to keep the swelling down. also, if you can do an ice bath in the tub and keep it in there as long as possible. then get out and wrap a towel soaked in hot water and alternate that a few times it will help.
you'll do great, just keep on keepin' on.

Zach and Erika said...

Good luck! I have been thinking of you guys wondering how it's going. I don't know what kind of knee pain you are having, but if it is like mine, I used a band around my knee (just below the patella) and that helped a lot. Ice bath (although miserable) will help. Happy thoughts! Happy thoughts! You'll both do great!

Bianca said...

No advice here, but wanted to say good luck! I know you're going to do awesome!! I wish I could be there too, cheering you on.

Heidi said...

I don't have any advice either, but good luck! I know you'll do great!

Megan said...

I don't have any other advice other than what has been given. I just wanted to say good luck and that you are awesome!

Lori said...

i wish i'd seen this before your race....but i'm excited to hear all about it!!!