A few random smatterings....

Ryan always laughs at my word choice, because a lot of the time I use big words in the wrong context. Smatterings is one of those words I'm not sure about, so just let it work, even if it doesn't.
In two short weeks Ryan and I will be running in a marathon.....that's a scary thought, believe me! I'm pretty sure I'll finish, but I don't know about my other goals: finish in 5 hrs; finish in 4.5 hrs (the 4.5 hr time is my ultimate goal). Sounds slow, yes, but I have short legs. It'll be great running in DC, though. We get to run past the Washington Monument and through the center of town. We're going down with our friends the Rasmussens and the Packs. They're all planning on going back home the same day, so Ryan wants to drive back to Staten Island the same day too (it's 3.5 hours away), and I'm thinking he's probably crazy. The others all have non-running drivers....actually, he probably will try and make me drive, but either way I think we're in trouble!
Life is good right now. It's pretty busy with church callings and school, but like my grandma always said, it's better to have too much to do than not enough.
I'm really grateful for my life. I'm not perfect (neither is my life) but I am so blessed. I've got an amazing husband who is fun and funny, I've got two sweet boys who make me smile and laugh each day, I've got wonderful parents [friends] who give great advice and support, I've got siblings who [hopefully] have forgiven me for my past sins :) and help me learn from their lives now, I've got an awesome family on Ryan's side who are giving and accepting, and I've got great friends, past and present. I'm also so grateful for the gospel. It gives my life purpose and understanding, and I am able to learn and grow in ways I couldn't on my own. We have a picture/quote thing :) that says: The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. It reminds me to be grateful for what I have today and to not worry about being perfect just yet. That's a good feeling to have.
And now for some things that make me very happy:

Carter sporting some 3D shades that Ryan and I got from "Alice in Wonderland". I liked the movie. I was expecting it to be really weird, so when it was simply weird I wasn't weirded out. Ha.

Josh's smile just makes me laugh. He's so good at smiling for the camera, and this was I think the third or fourth take for this pose. He's really trying to hang on to it. On a different note, we had spring break (end of February is a bit crazy) but didn't go anywhere. We broke out our tent and ate camping food. It was a lot of fun.

Carter's smile lights up his whole face.

Josh made this lion for our "craft day". He didn't like it at first until I showed him how to shake his mane.

4 comments:

brandon and jenna allen said...

too cute!! The boys are both so big and those videos are hilarious. I bet Josh doesn't like his dad at all huh? Lexington is only 6+ hours away from DC, you all should come visit since it's "close" so we can work up a game plan for an Allen Family Dental.

Chelsee said...

I know that jealousy is not a good thing to have, but I am jealous that you guys are running the marathon! Best of luck you two and I don't think that 5 hrs sounds slow when you are running for 26.2 miles!

Megan said...

Couldn't you just listen to your kids laugh for hours?! It is the best sound. Tell Ryan his legs will never forgive him if you sit in a car for that long after running a marathon. Just sayin'....

Good luck! Forget about finishing times, you are awesome for even COMPLETING a marathon.

Heidi said...

Good luck with the marathon. You will do awesome!