Baseball in NYC - September 24, 2007

Who would've thunk that the New York Mets would have a "Mormon Night" at Shea Stadeum? I was surprised myself when I found out about it. It was pretty neat. The missionaries were all there, and they even sang the national anthem. Our bishop had announced over the pulpit that the church was going to be having this event, and I knew that we had to go. Like many out there, I have been confused because of the great many sports teams in the area. Some say "cheer for the Yankees" while others say "root for the Mets". Because of all this confusion I resolved to find out for myself who to commit to.

This is how it went down: Mets 1-0 after 3 innings. After that point, it began to unravel, much like the past month of Mets baseball. After the 3rd inning, these are the runs scored by Washington, beginning with the 4th inning: 2, 3, 2, 0, 3, 3. End result: Washington 13 - Mets 4. This, in contrast to the Yankees game that I went to on September 18, where the Yanks beat Baltimore 12-0.
I'm pretty sure that Josh feels that the Mets just aren't the team for us. Just look at him in the picture. It was a beautiful night at Shea Stadium, however he cried quite a bit, something he never does...
I guess I should also note, as is obvious in the picture, that the sweet seats that the church scored us were on the very top row!!! I was amazed at how high we were. I actually felt short of breath due to the lack of oxygen at such a high altitude.
Something else that I cannot figure out for the life of me... When we paid for the tickets, we were asked to put it in with a tithing slip. The bishop said it was $6 per ticket, and to put it in the "other" category on the slip. It seemed strange, but that's what I did. However, when looking at the Mets website to see where we were sitting, it clearly showed that the section we would be in were $5 tickets!! Sure enough, when I got the actual tickets is showed that they were $5! Now I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist, but something fishy was going on that night. Did the Mets do this to exploit the Mormons, or is this how my bishop was able to afford taking his family? I need to get to the bottom of this...

5 comments:

Zach and Erika said...

This whole thing sounds fishy to me. Exactly where was your bishop sitting? Oh, the box seats...I think you have your answer.

Rustino Scar said...

I am pretty sure somebody made some money off of us. Like tithing isn't enough...

Rustino Scar said...

dang church people

Rustino Scar said...

ummm, can you please put something new up!?!?! Your page is being so boring for a month now

Mr. Belvedeere said...

where are the pictures of me?