Exterminator....My Foot...



Whenever I would go to my grandparents house as a kid, I would always look forward to playing a certain game: Mouse Trap. I'm not sure that I ever played it right though. But that didn't matter, the funnest part of it all was just setting off the chain reaction of traps. It was very seldom though, that everything worked out and you would catch the mouse. The beauty of the game, however, was that it was just that - a game. The pieces were plastic, as were the mice. If you didn't catch the mouse, that was fine, it wasn't going to run all over the house eating your food and pooping everywhere.
Fast forward 20 years.
When I found this apartment in New York I was extremely excited. We would be the first to live here. Brand new appliances: a dish washer, washer & dryer, fridge, stove, central air, etc. These are things that you just can't find here in New York without selling your soul, or your first child, to the landlord. You can imagine my surprise when I found that I wouldn't have to do either of these things to live in this place. While this has been a great place, and we love it here, it does have one drawback: mice.
Now we have a really good landlord, so we gave him a ring, and he promised to have an exterminator come and check it out. What a waste of time that turned out to be. The exterminator came, placed some poison (that ATTRACTS all mice within its range), and said that that would do the trick. Now I ask myself, what kind of exterminator is that? I hope my landlord isn't paying him much. I could've done that myself...
Katie and I noticed that the "exterminator's" visit only worsened the problem. The mice ate ALL of the poison that had been set out. What a frustrating experience this has been. I feel like the mice are taunting us. I was so frustrated that I called the landlord again & got the "exterminator" out here. Guess what he did? Put out more poison.... Since the second visit, I've gone around the apartment on my hands and knees trying to find and fill any holes where the mice could be coming into our place.
Anyone have any ideas? HELP!!!

4 comments:

Zach and Erika said...

Move to Kaysville. No mice here!

Mr. Belvedeere said...

get a cat, then when cat has done its job you could get a raccoon to get rid of the cat, after the raccoon you could get a mtn. lion, and once you have a mtn. lion you can do anything you want because you have a mtn. lion...that's like one step away from taking over the world.

Rustino Scar said...

here's an idea. get a cat. then, when you're done with the cat, throw it off the ferry. i hate cats.

Ryan said...

I have now caught 4 mice in our house. How? Traps. You might wonder what I use as bait...nothing. I put the traps right under where the mice come out of their hole, and I catch them by the foot! That's how the last 2 have been. Who needs a cat, or a mountain lion for that matter.