Tis the season

For the past month Josh has been teething. These are his first teeth (the two on the bottom), and they have taken so long to come in! He's been snotty-nosed, tired, cranky, sick, and down right unhappy a lot of the time. Ryan and I told ourselves that once his teeth poked through he'd be alright, but now I think he might have the flu....his eyes have been really really gunky, he's got a croupy cough, and he's thrown up twice (big time stuff) during the week.


Anyway, I would feel really bad for us if Josh were the only baby to ever be sick, but most of our friends have had it this bad or worse with their kids. I guess teething and sick-bugs are the babies' right of passage, huh? All I know is that I've definitely underestimated my mother's patience, ability to function on lack of sleep, and love. Thanks mom!


8 comments:

Heidi said...

I hear ya, Austin and Zack are sick right now and it is down right miserable. Not to mention that you feel horrible for them, but man that patience thing is something I really need to work on! I hope Josh gets feeling better soon!

Yo Mama said...

We've got it too, Katie, and we're a little miserable. We even did the barfing, gunky eye junk. So sorry! Let's get together when we're healthy.

Zach and Erika said...

Poor little Josh! He would probably feel better if he had some kisses from Aunt Erika. It's about time for another visit...I told Ryan that Hayden's blessing was this Sunday-hope to see you there! :)

Kristin said...

Oh, poor baby Josh! I can't believe how old he looks in that picture! Even when sick, he is so cute.
I have to agree with Heidi, that I need to work on my patience. It is just so hard, when you are tired..and as much as I hate to say it..irritated, with the poor child. But then, they smile at you, and you get that second wind. I hope our husbands understand how demanding these babies are, and how much they would miss us if we weren't there to take care of the babes.

Griffeth Family said...

Don't you just hate it when little babies get sick. The worst part is when they cry any you don't know why or how to make them feel better.

Kristin said...

Blake and I decided that he looks so much like you in this picture, Katie. Such a cutie.

Bianca said...

Awww...poor littleguy. He's still just as cute anyway!!

Erin said...

Even though he is sick, he still sure is cute! I hope he gets feeling better soon!!