Bedtime Stories

Ryan was in charge of the lesson for family night tonight, and we talked a bit about the word of wisdom, you know, taking care of ourselves by eating healthy and exercising. Of course getting a good night's sleep is a big part to being healthy, and Ryan brought up the fact that Josh has a good bedtime routine...and that we don't. My first thoughts were, "Well, yeah, we're not under the age of 4", but the more I thought about it, the better the idea of a routine became. Ryan goes to school so early in the morning, and I've been wanting to start my morning out before Josh gets up (does anyone else use their baby as an alarm clock?). We might as well start off the "early to rise" saying with an "early to bed", right? So, here's our new thing: read a book together before going bed, finishing before 10pm. We've read a book together before, and I'm really looking forward to spending that last part of the day together....although it may sound lame to you nonreaders, I know my fellow "Harry Potter" and/or "Twilight" fans out there are eating their hearts out!
On a side note, does anyone have any really easy, yummy, camp-food ideas? I'm heading out to stake girls camp as the solo leader for our ward, and I tend to not cook outdoors very often....

Why not include a family picture in front of the White House?
We know you want to come visit us...

8 comments:

Heidi said...

I definitely need a bedtime routine and I am totally jealous that your husband reads. Oh well, he does other things that I love. On the note of visiting I need to call you, but it's not looking good, they won't let Aaron have anytime off. I'll try to call you soon. Happy bedtime (even though I'm at work until 7am :( )

Ryan said...

Let it be known that we are NOT reading Twilight together!

Megan said...

Oh man! I was totally going to tell Katie that you guys should read 'Twilight'. DANG! However, Breaking Dawn comes out in a few days, perhanps this book would suite you :)

Also, I have heard it is bad to read in your bed because then you don't associate it with just sleeping or something to that effect...you know one of those 'sleep rules' like not having a tv in your room and keeping it dark and cool. Just something to keep in mind while you are adjusting to your new routine.

Chelsee said...

What a grand idea. For the first two years of marriage Matt and I never went to bed at the same time, and that was fine with me. Now I can't fall asleep until he is in bed with me. Was that TMI? By the way Katie are you down with Thanksgiving in the VA? I am looking up hotels. Good times. Good luck at camp! God bless you for going by yourself.

Erin said...

When our kids go to sleep at 9:00 Derek and I think...FREEDOM!! I never thought of reading a book together...that is a GREAT idea!!

Also to answer your questions...I got my swimsuit from layers :)

Nicole said...

Katie I have lots of ideas! Give me a call if you wanna hear them.... too much detail to type. I miss you guys!

)en said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
)en said...

Dear Katie,

I was about to defend myself and my EXTREMELY relevant comment/thought but then I realized i just wanted to tell you hi and that i'm glad you came to camp and this doesn't have much to do with this post so I take it back...except i didn't actually say it so i guess i have nothing to take back. This thought is getting more and more irrelevant.

Aaanyway, you have a fun blog and this means a lot coming from me because I'm kind of a blog snob. I like that you and Ryan both put up posts. p.s. your camp food was the best & the campiest. You win all the awards at camp.

p.s. at first i thought your blog heading thing was a math equation and i was confused.

Ryan minus Katie minus Joshua = ??

but now i see it is decorative. Still, i wonder what the answer would be.