The Good Old Days

So there has been an infestation as of late in the blogging world. I won't say whether I condone it or not - it simply exists. Right now as I look at the list of all the blogs we link to, I would guess that half of them have jumped on the bandwagon. I'm sure you've guessed that I'm referring to the memory posting bonanza.

While I will do my best to reply to your memory request, I figure that I've done enough self-indulging ego-boosting. Remember this post? I promise I won't beg for comments for at least another month. That being said, if you feel the need to reminisce, far be it from me to prevent you....Even on my own blog...

No. Instead I plan on thinking back to years of old myself. I realized in reading these posts that I have had an enjoyable life. I also have accepted that I like to live in the past. This is my first installment. If you appear in these throwback posts, count yourself lucky.

This first one comes from EFY. My group was known as the "Zoot Suit Riot", which was much cooler than Jeff's "McDonald's Night-Shift Crew". All I can say is it was not as advertised. I was told it would be a 3:1 girl to guy ratio. It just so happened that my session was the freakishly abnormal session, in that it was equal. If you look at pictures of me when I was younger, you can see that I needed those odds.

On the left is me & Brad playing Speed. On the right is the amazing child star known as "the kid from Dumb & Dumber who bought Lloyd's dead bird". The highlight of my EFY experience.



Next is a tasty morsel from my senior trip to Lake Powell. It was an awesome trip. The picture on the left is the cliff that the 3 bravest from our group dared jump off. Whenever people try and top each other with hair-raising stories of adventure, I whip this bad boy out. You can see where Brad, Kayla & I jumped from (the ity bity person at the top is where we launched from). We were so awesome that we did it twice! Truth be told I only did it cause Kayla was doing it, and there was no way I was going to be shown up by a GIRL.

On the right you can see the gang. From left to right: Celeste, Adam, Brad, Becca, Hillary, Aaron, Me, Kayla, Emily & Ashley. Once upon a time I was fit. If you look close I'm totally sucking in and flexing. I also must say that the sun puts shadows in all the right places to help me out posing. Man, I looked good when I was thirty pounds lighter...

12 comments:

Kristin said...

Katie, I remember singing as loud as we could in Kristy's car with all us girls, going skirt shopping for your wedding, dancing in the kitchen to Michael Jackson, swimming at the pool and then heading to the boys' house. We had a lot of fun in that house (ours, not the boys). But most of all, scheming to get Blake to ask me out!

Ryan, I remember your advice for me, I remember you showing us Fowler Foxes Katie's ring right before you proposed. But my favorite was when you told me you needed me to drive your mustang home from the shop, although you really wanted to plead for Blake, what a nice friend.
So Katie, thanks for introducing me and Blake and for getting me a first date, and thanks Ryan for talking me into giving him another chance. You two have been great friends.

Blake said...

Ok, hold on to your pants because I'm about to rock your world:
Ryan, do you remember Corn dogs, the buick, your epileptic dog (unofficially caused by me), your parent's broken camcorder (officially caused by me), matching clothes, The Music Man, Student Gov, Bunk Beds, mentally unstable roomates (Ben and the psycho that lived in the basement), nasty "SAZON", Bear World (my infamous picture), Paintballing, locker partners, McKensie's snotty kiss, and I can't forget the "pup tent" we both shared on our trip to Yellowstone.

Katie, despite having fewer one on one memories, I am I had the chance to live in your first apartment with ryan for a month before you got married and kicked me out. Thanks for hooking me up with Kristin and for never forgetting my ability to clear out your basement after a moment of unstable digestive excercises.

Blake said...

that should read "I am glad I had the chance to live in your first apartment.

Lori said...

ryan, you were a permanent fixture in my life from about age 10 on... i remember the time in junior high i tried to convince you to kiss your girlfriend, spending time together as officers being spastic, hanging out randomly throughout high school, but forever i will remember playing Oregon Trail with you at Bates. i thought it was SO cool cause you just moved from Oregon so you totally knew everything. ;) hahahaha. hopefully van and i will be moving out to new york next year and the four of us can make new memories!

The Killer Bunch said...

Ryan I think I'm the one in the water below watching your crazies jumping off that cliff. I was not only yelling for fear of your lives but for the sake of my future children. I had just jumped off the cliff below and was not informed that you are suppose to keep your legs together before entering the water.Unfortunately Jeff and I had to leave early and missed the group picture, but we were there too. I remember we talked with Scottish accents the WHOLE time.

Kaite, I remembered and liked you before I even met you. Ryan had been telling us about this girl who was extremely smart. I can't remember what class you two had together with Jeff but I knew you were the one for Ryan when you were getting better grades then him. We were always so happy when we could bet Ryan in anything; however, it didn't happen very often.

Millers said...

Ryan I don't know if There is enough room for all the memories that we have together. First of all I second all the memories you left on my blog I had forgotten about the double switch back and triple reverse. I remember hilarious skiing adventures, our bear lake trip trying to read the scarlet letter. Sitting with you and jeff in your truck and then honking the horn and ducking so you looked like two gay guys. playing great dalmuti and making jeff make me some ramen(long noodles) driving to cokeville in a blizzard. wow I could keep going but this is getting long.

Katie I remember you coming to conference with us and playing the piano at my house and us singing. All our trips to the cabin at bear lake.

Megan said...

Going boating and when Sara tossed you the keys to go get the car her throw was little short and they landed at the bottom of Willard. You two jumped in while Cassi and I just watched - I didn't want to have to search the bottom of that nasty body of water, your truck with the 'personalized' dash mat, you always dumping your trash through the cracked windows in my truck, receiving weird Brazilian chocolates, candy, juice and hot dog flavored chips?, 'Ed', and making everyone think I had an acne problem by calling me 'craterface' - that was so nice of you.

BKC said...

I am feeling all too proud that my being a girl was the only thing it would take to peer pressure you into doing something so dumb as jumping off a huge cliff.
Oh so many fun memories, remember our tennis match at the Montgomery's house and sneaking inside while they were gone? Or how about jeff's cabin when I rode iwth you on the 4 wheeler and got a butterfly in my eye. Ow. We had a blast tubing with you guys up at Bear Lake!! Good times, good times.

Katie I remember driving you home (I can't even remember from where) and getting to know you a bit better and you were asking questions about Ryan. We were happy to fill you in (hee hee) and I was so glad he'd found someone as sweet as you!!

Keely Kellett said...

I love Lake Powell, we went every year growing up. And I know I have jumped off higher than that! (maybe only by a couple of inches)

Jeff said...

I remember going to Lake Powell on our senior trip...I must have been the cameraman though, or maybe you took the picture while I was in the bathroom. Anyways, I just wanted to ask why I'm not in the picture?!?!?

Ryan said...

Jeff, you decided you'd rather leave early and go on a bus tour of Utah. Or maybe you came late because of that. Regardless, I'm sure you had much more fun on the Greyline with the weird Navajo guy.

Heidi said...

Bro, Bra! You and Blake running over to my house in high school, going to lunch after Aaron left on his mission to the Chinese restaurant, all of the fun at the cabins (you and Kayla :)), and many more.
Katie, all of the fun hanging out at your guy's apartment. I'm so glad you two got married! The fun at the cabin, the family home evenings, singing by the piano. I miss you guys!!