I'm Turning Into My Mother

My mom is about the sweetest lady. She'll do anything she can to help you out. But growing up, I always thought she was a little blinded when it came to her children. In listening to her, you'd think my siblings and I were perfect. We were, in fact, not.

Fast forward a couple decades. The parental pride cycle has now come full circle. My son is, in fact, perfect. I have become my mother in a sense. However, I have no such dreams of my children growing up and becoming the next Osmond family. Growing up under that kind of pressure ruined my childhood. No, I'm just kidding. I think my mother's dreams of a musical family ended the day I quit piano lessons after only a year.

I apologize that the bulk of my blogging is about Josh. But let's be honest. How many of you want to hear about the intricacies of dentistry? Besides, all the good stories that happen with patients here at NYUCD can't be shared. It would violate HIPAA I guess. It would be doubly bad, since I'm sitting here blogging during my HIPAA training.

Before I get to Josh, I thought I'd share this picture from our Thanksgiving trip to Virginia. I realized that when Katie posted about our trip, she neglected to share it (TL). Katie can be seen here walking out of our hotel room with a hanger still on her coat, compliments of Matt.




Josh is getting to be so helpful, taking out the trash (MR), feeding himself (ML), and even picking out his clothes (BR). He is also getting the idea of smiling for the camera, and loves to look at his picture right after.

He is a lot of fun right now. At random times he'll break out singing songs and doing the actions for them. He will even try and play the piano while singing. His favorite songs are: "I'm so glad when daddy come home", "Once there was a snowman", "The wheels on the bus" & a few others. He also likes to sing his ABC's, all except for Q.

Now here comes the really braggy part. He can count to 10, knows his colors, and can even read a few words! Ok, so I'm just kidding about reading. We'll work on that next month...or not.

7 comments:

Yo Mama said...

I can't take that picture of the hanger. That cracks me up. How long did it hang before she found out?

Lori said...

hey, well as long as you know you're turning into your mom..... ;)

i can't believe how big josh is getting. such a cute boy!

Megan said...

That hanger picture is great! Josh is getting so big - it goes by so fast. I guess that is why we have more children - to relive those awesome moments. Hmmm. That is what I am telling myself anyway cause some days I don't know what I am thinking having another. LOL.

grant said...

I was impressed when you played the piano in Priesthood on Sunday! I see real Osmond potential, and don't worry about that HIPAA thingy it's overrated.

BKC said...

He's growing up so fast! Where does the time go? What a cutie he is. And i love the hanger in Katie's coat. I always seem to show up places with something gross on my clothes. Or I realize that I forgot to get myself looking half decent because i was too busy trying to get Cole ready. Oh being a parent :)

BKC said...

Oh, and you could tell us the stories, just don't use the names :) No HIPAA violation there I believe?

Zach and Erika said...

I could have told you that you were turning into mom a long time ago. I've just kept that to myself though. When does he start piano lessons?