Announcement

No, it's not anything to do with babies...but it's similar in a lot of ways: It's exciting but scary at the same time; it takes a while to prepare for it; after it you need time to recover; it takes a lot of will power to make it through; it's painful; some people think you're crazy for doing it, but you're glad you did it anyway; and despite all the difficulties, it's totally worth it!

Yep, I'm running a marathon! Woohoo...:) I never did sports in high school, and I never ran more than a couple miles until I got to college, so thinking of running a marathon always went like this, "Wow, that's so awesome that people can do that. Good for them. I'll never do that." I just thought that despite how amazing it was for people to complete marathons, I'd never be able to do something like that. Well, you only live once, and no one else is going to do cool things for you, so you might as well do awesome things yourself, right? I really hope I make it through, and if I do, I think it will be one big check mark off of my pretend bucket list.

The marathon is in Washington DC, on March 20th, a Saturday, and it's a good, mild course...I know the first 13 miles, because I ran my 1st half marathon there. I have to admit, it's really neat to run past all of the sites that are in DC, but I distinctly remember when we halfers split away from the marathoners, I was so very happy. That won't be my feelings this time...they might come closer to dread, but I'm going to work on my mental strength...haha. My first goal is to actually finish the marathon, my (hopefully) attainable goal is to finish in 5 hours (hey, it's my first, who knows what will happen), and my ultimate (but hopefully attainable) goal is to finish in 4 hrs 30 min. Wish me luck!

Oh, and if anyone wants to join me, or cheer me on, Washington DC would be an awesome place to do it!

This is after my half marathon in DC. Hmmm, maybe by our fourth child I'll have to run a Century. Hah.

8 comments:

Rustino Scar said...

i'm in deep contemplation, internal debates, almost daily trying to deciDe if I want to do this or not. I'm 64% convinced that I should just do it.

Bianca said...

That is so awesome!!! My initial thoughts were "Wow, that's so awesome that she can do that. Good for her. I'll never do that." ; ) But after reading through the rest of your thoughts I started thinking....well, maybe I can.......

I'd LOVE to know what you do for training!!!

Chelsee said...

Oh I wish I were doing itwith you. Best of luck to you Katie!

Zach and Erika said...

I really wanna do it with you. (Well, the 1/2 anyway!) I am still thinking about it...and will let you know soon. Either way, good job and good luck!!

Lori said...

yippee!! i'm so excited for you!!! send me the race & hotel deets. if its financially possible i will seriously consider running it with you.


lori.aston(@)gmail.com

)en said...

Soooo cooool! A friend of mine ran the NYC marathon and Sean and I cheered him on. It was AWESOME. I loved the energy and spirit of it. That sounds cheesy but i don't care. i'm very excited for you. Not jealous, per se. But excited. :) Wooot!

Anonymous said...

Dear Author ryankatieallen.blogspot.com !
Bravo, brilliant idea and is duly

Anonymous said...

I want to quote your post in my blog. It can?
And you et an account on Twitter?