Carnival

A few days ago I got off school early, and we thought we'd take a gander at a little carnival that was set up in the parking lot of the Staten Island mall. Classy location right? Well... to be honest, can any carnival really be described as being 'classy'? Probably not.

Regardless, the boys absolutely loved it! I didn't think Carter would be totally in to the rides, but he wanted to do it all. Josh had so much fun flying high in the helicopter & airplane rides, and didn't seem nervous at all (also a surprise).



I tried to keep Carter under control by putting him on my shoulders. That lasted a whopping 20 seconds. He didn't want to be held or in the stroller. Either he was walking, or he was screaming.



Katie mentioned that she never ate at the carnivals they went to growing up. Once I heard that, I knew we had to buy some type of nasty carnival food to make up for all those years. It was an easy decision for me to go for the fried Snickers. Heaven on a stick if you ask me. I think that all Snickers candy bars should be fried. Josh & Katie wouldn't touch it, but Carter and I downed it in under 37 seconds.


5 comments:

Aleisha said...

fun! Come to think of it, I've never had carnival food either... but I might be willing to try a fried snickers!

Megan said...

It's all about the funnel cake. But the deep fried PB&J is pretty tasty too. Although, I have never had a deep fried Snickers. So that might change it all. I will have to put that on the list.

Katie said...

Hey, I tried a bite, but it wasn't that good...now if we're talking about loaded fries...those I could probably eat Carter's weight in. That would be, what, a size large?

Rustino Scar said...

allen's are keepin' it classy for sure! I haven't been by in a while, but just updated my blog look today...and ummm, we pretty much had the same idea. crap.

Lori said...

how fun! i'm all about deep fried anything!