We Are Fam-i-ly!

This was a regular occurrence with Josh and uncle Tom.

Josh and uncle Tom in Central Park. Right here, there was a completely white statue guy (honestly, he would even roll his eyes back so you only saw the whites of his eyes) that started following us. It was funny at first, but then we started getting nervous. Heh.


My brother, Tom, came out to visit a couple weeks ago. It was so much fun! I have to admit, I was excited, but I figured we'd all be exhausted at the end of the week. Usually guys are great fun, but they don't naturally think to help with the kids or clean up much (single guys, mind you). Perhaps my opinion is wrong, or my brother is just really awesome, because I think Tom was the most exhausted at the end of the trip. He helped clean and most of all, he entertained my kids whenever he was with us. Josh loved him the second he saw him, and there wasn't a time that he wasn't asking Tom to read to him, play swords, go in the fort, or look at something with him. Josh usually takes some time to warm up to people, but not with Tom. In fact, Josh didn't even acknowledge Ryan leaving for school when Tom was around, which shocked us all, since Ryan is Josh's favorite.
Thinking about it though....Tom might have been exhausted because New York is not a "vacation", it's a "trip". It includes a lot of public transportation using and walking, walking, walking . One day, Tom walked all the way from the ferry at the bottom of Manhattan to the temple (around 66th street)! He spent all day by himself, and he walked everywhere the whole day until I met him in the temple; and he saw a lot (Statue of Liberty, Rockefeller Center, China Town, Times Square, etc)! I was really impressed and have made a new goal to walk more in Manhattan.
Anyway, we had a great time, and we miss having Tom around! (Except for the times Tom would poke me or kick my shoe off my foot....old habits die hard, I guess).


Cute Carter holding on in the subway. Safety is always our number one concern.

Tom and Josh spending quality time together in the fort.

Getting ready to take Tom to the airport...to Germany!

No comments: