Ferry Farter

There are many sites to see in New York. But I wouldn't limit it to just places. Now that we know the area better, there are some people that you all should have the opportunity to see as well. Our bishop keyed us in on this guy after we first moved here. After a few weeks I had the opportunity to see/hear what he was talking about. There is this guy that hang out at the Staten Island Ferry that is quite interesting. I'm not sure what he does, other than hang out at the ferry all day long. I have run into him on both the Manhattan side and the Staten Island side, and every time I do I get a kick out of him.

You see, he positions himself in various locations in the terminal. Quite often it is in locations where people have to pass by him. I took a picture of him for show-and-tell:



Basically he makes farting sounds when people pass by him. It is the funniest thing to watch people react to him. They will look around surprised, confused & appalled. It cracks me up. So much that I will follow him around (at a safe distance) and watch everyone's reactions. He is pretty dang good at the sounds, and he has quite a broad range: long, short, soft, loud, juicy...I better stop before I make people sick. Suffice it to say you can tell he's been doing it for awhile!

I figured I should also post some long lost pictures of Katie and I in Rockafeller Center. We went to the temple one night and swung by after to see the tree, ice skating rink, and lights. The building with snowflakes is Sack's 5th Avenue. We popped inside real quick so I could show Katie the prices. They had scarves for over $300 & purses over $4000. We didn't get much further than the entryway.



When my cousin Chad and I went to Rockafeller, the tree wasn't up, but they were working on a show in which the snowflakes would blink along with music. It was pretty cool.

6 comments:

Carlee Hoopes said...

And this is why we love New York. I'm determined that you can't find people like that anywhere else. Kory and I can't wait to go back. We'll have to look for this guy. :)

Keely Kellett said...

That is hilarious! One of Chris' sisters is moving to New York. We are going to go next year and see them. It will be so much fun to see you guys, too.

Lindsey said...

That is to funny, We would follow him around too! Hey we found your blog Josh is getting so big!

Matt said...

Gotta love the BIG APPLE! It is was 3rd favorite city. It was my #2 but Chicago took its place. Matt and I want to come a see y' all!

Lori said...

wow... that's all i gotta say about that. does that guy have a tip jar hanging out somewhere?

Keely Kellett said...

I am tagging you! Go to my blog to see the rules. :)