New Year Resolutions

Okay, so I admit I stole this idea from Keely after reading it on her blog, but I think it's a good idea to make some resolutions for the new year. And just like Keely, I'm going to make eight for the year 2008.

1. Read scriptures everyday by myself and with family. This is just a given.
2. Attend the temple every month. Having to travel 1.5 hours to the temple and leaving Josh behind has been hard, but luckily we have some friends who will trade off babysitting with us every month. This means we'll have a set schedule for temple attendance. Yay!
3. Begin digital scrapbooking or something like it. I am horrible with this kind of thing (I don't have the patience or desire really), but I know it's important to keep records, so here I go.
4. Stay better connected with friends and family. Once a week phone calls would be a good idea.
5. Have a three month supply of food storage. Both sets of parents have been really anxious for us to get this done. I really want to do this!
6. Do some family history work. I've never done any so I would like to go at least a few times.
7. Go visit an old folk's home once a week. I did this back in high school and loved it.
8. Give away a Book of Mormon. I know that's not much, but I figure starting out small is good.
9. Learn portuguese. Sorry, I know I said only eight, but Ryan would love it if I could speak it with him and our kids. Maybe I could find some miracle online course.

Just starting this list makes me think of a million things I want to do, and I start feeling anxious and like I'm not where I should be. Does anyone else ever feel this way? Hehe, luckily we aren't expected to be perfect, just to be trying.

3 comments:

Ryan said...

That's my wife, a real go-getter! You can do it!

Keely Kellett said...

Those are great goals! I love having goals to work towards.Good luck with them!

Blake said...

I want to see Ryan's resolutions too. I'm sure they would include learning to make real NY street food for his friends, right?