You Want Me To Do What???

When I married Katie, I thought she was a tough girl. On our first date, she ate more than I did. In testing her blood sugar levels, she has to prick herself 10 times a day (and sometimes give herself shots). She worked at Wells Fargo, which for the most part she hated. When she had Josh she said she wanted the lowest amount of painkillers so she could still "feel it all". She moved across the country not knowing anybody, and has never complained. She walks a mile each way to the grocery store nearly every day, no matter what the weather, because she says she could use the exercise.

That being said, you can understand my surprise when I started getting phone calls during class begging me to come home. Keep in mind it takes me up to an hour and a half to get home from school. The first day it was because she had seen a mouse, and it had disappeared and didn't know where it went. She wanted me to come kill it - I said I'd be home after school. This happened a couple times with the mice...

Thinking that I wouldn't get similar requests, I got a couple calls in regards to spiders. They were big and scary, and she needed me to squash them. Again, did she forget that I was an hour and a half away, not to mention I had classes and labs?

Thinking she finally understood, a couple of weeks ago I got yet another call. A centipede was in the bathtub, and she couldn't go anywhere near the bathroom. Thank goodness we have 2 bathrooms in our apartment, otherwise there would've been major repercussions.



Fortunately I was able to come home 5 hours later on my white steed and save the fair princess trapped in her tower. I just can't wait to see what the next thing is that I get called home to take care of. I should take a poll, see what everyone thinks it will be...

5 comments:

Bianca said...

In Katie's defense....that thing looks pretty darn scary to me!

The Killer Bunch said...

I can only imagine it is hard enough being home all alone taking care of a baby. Having to do all that with creepy creatures roaming around would make it even harder.

Matt, Julee, Carlee, Danilyn and Peter said...

I think that the next call will be about a wield squirle.

Matt, Julee, Carlee, Danilyn and Peter said...

...I mean wild squirle.

Yo Mama said...

Those things are the nastiest, grossest yuckies I know of. We have had a few too, and they send me screaming every time. Way to be a real woman, Katie.