The Long Anticipated Video

Here you go! Josh has recently started to walk. He gets a little lazy sometimes and wants to just sit down, but he can walk (usually when his dad forces him to). I don't think he's totally realized that walking is faster than crawling though.



He also has learned to blow on things, which is kinda funny. I made him eggs yesterday, and I was trying to cool them down by blowing on them. He thought it was funny, so he picked up some of the egg and blew on it himself. He then held it up for me and waited for me to blow on it. He got the biggest kick out of that!

Josh also has an obsession with putting lids on everything. He must have great perceptual ability, as he can always figure out which way it is supposed to go on. Maybe he'll become a dentist too!?

As for me, I am almost done with my first year of dental school. What a great feeling it is. I can't believe how fast this first year has gone by. Next Friday is the last day for me, and I only have 6 hours of tests on that one day. It's like taking the DAT all over again. Ughhh...

Katie and I have also decided to apply for a scholarship with the Army. If I get it, they will pay for the next 3 years of my schooling, as well as give us a monthly stipend to live off of. We will then owe them 3 years to pay back for the scholarship. It also gives me a great opportunity to specialize, if I decide that's the route I want to take. Looks like it'll be a few more years before we settle down back in the West.

Katie is doing an amazing job raising Josh as well (yes she is watching me type this). As Young Women's president, she is often away at activities, leaving me and Josh to hang out by ourselves. While she's only gone for a few hours at a time, it makes me realize how hard she works here at home. I get absolutely nothing done while she is gone. All Josh and I can do by ourselves is play the Wii, eat, read, and take naps. It's very draining!

6 comments:

Heidi said...

That's so cute! I can't believe he's already walking, what a big boy! So the army huh, you're already tired of all of that debt? I'm excited to see you guys soon and happy anniversary on the 21st.

Carrie said...

That's so cute!!! when is his birthday again? I remember seeing Katie when she was first prego and how exciting it was! I am cherishing the small moments that we have since Riley is just 2 months old and is starting to coo and goo and laugh occasionally...anyway, we have a Wii and better yet Mario Kart...we totally should play online sometime :)

Lori said...

oh fun! kids are so darn cute. that's awesome about the Army. good luck with that!!

Kristin said...

Katie, I answered your question on my blog, it is quite lengthy. Josh has the prettiest eyes. Is he starting to get into new things now that he is walking? I didn't know you were Young Women's President. I am the 2nd counselor. How many girls do you have? I think he have like 20 total, my beehive class has 9. Isn't working with the YW the best calling? Anyway, congrats to Ryan for winning the cereal eating contest!

Megan said...

I love the tipsy walking at first...pretty soon her will be running. Good luck with the Army - I don't know why you are so worried about student loans...they are great. Ross doesn't have much compared to med students and I still hate them!

Bianca said...

Josh is so cute! I can't believe he is walking...Bella is not so inclined to walk, and I don't mind really. The army, huh? Katie...you are an amazing mommy and I admire you (you look great, by the way!) I bet you are the best YW president too...perfect calling for you :D We can't wait to come visit you guys when we move to Alabama.