Blogging: What A Rollercoaster...

I have heard that it is really unhealthy if you keep your feelings bottled up inside. I have something that I want to admit, and I'm not ashamed of it anymore. I know that I'm not the only one out there who feels this way. Here goes: My success (I can't speak for Katie) in the blogging world, is determined by the amount of comments that I get on my posts. Please tell me there are others out there who feel the same way....

My realization of this came to a head tonight as we were having dinner with our friends. Christy mentioned that she really enjoys reading our blog, to which I replied (somewhat offended, but not really...) that she never comments on our posts. However, seeing as how she doesn't have a blogspot account, she has been unable to. I then realized that there must be dozens of people in her situation who frequent our blog that are just dying to comment. I have now instituted an amazing application on the right-hand column of our blog for you non-blogspot folk to express yourselves.

Wow, I feel SO much better.

It really has been unhealthy for me. I have been suffering from this for awhile now, and I feel like I'm on the right path. I had been checking our blog every hour during school to see if anyone had said anything. When I go 2 days without comments I almost want to abandon the whole blogging scene. I hope that trend will change...

That being said... Please comment on our blog! Do it in order to maintain Ryan's sanity! As you can see I'm already referring to myself in third person...

20 comments:

Katie said...

Well, I think I better start commenting on our own blogs in order to save Ryan. Hmmm, that sounds kind of catchy...Saving Ryan.

Erika said...

That is funny! I agree, it is always fun to get a lot of comments on your blog. It's interesting to see which posts everyone comments on. I registered all the blogs I read on bloglines, so it notifies me whenever someone updates their blog. So I do read yours. :)

Heidi said...

I hear ya! Sometimes it's hard to not get obsessed with seeing if you have new comments. Don't worry Ryan, I'm sure at least Katie likes you!

Kristin said...

I think we all feel like that Ryan, so you're not alone. Especially when some people get like 17 comments every time they post something. I check all my friends' blogs almost daily, so I will try to start commenting. By the way, Josh is darling.

Megan said...

I feel the same way and I have people tell me they DON'T leave comments on my blog because I already have a bunch - what a lame excuse. You can never have too many, right?! Ross mocks me and tells me it's like h.s. and I thrive off blogging and comments.

With that being said, I think it's funny that you feel this way cause I usually always comment on your blog and it's once in a blue moon that you comment on mine - LAME! ;)

Erin said...

Amen! I do read your blog alot and fail to leave comments! I will do better :) Hope you have a great day :)

Blake said...

Ryan, I think you should get in touch with OBA (obsessive bloggers anonymous). It is a group of people that need support dealing with blogging dependency. It is amazing how my life has changed since joining my local chapter. I now have the ability to go online without hitting blogspot.com. The trick is to fill your websurfing with something else that can occupy your time. May I suggest: http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/beverlyhillschihuahua/
All I can say is that I am lucky I didn't find this website until after finals or else I would have blown the whole semester.

Lori said...

ryan, i am recommitted to leaving a comment on EACH and EVERY post. :)

Katie said...

Good Ry, we're up to 8, no, now we're up to 9 posts! Go team!

Personally, I think it would help if you put "comments" instead of "irrelevant thoughts". Hmmmm.

Ryan said...

Wow, if only I'd known all I had to do was beg... Thanks for the link Blake. In case you forgot I still have all my finals to take. Looks like I'll be remediating all my classes now...

max said...

I use google reader and rarely venture to the actual blog URL.

susan said...

I understand.

Ashley said...

Okay, I'll delurk, sheesh!

Matt said...

Hey buddy thought that I would take a moment to post a much anticipated comment. As a matter of fact this is my first comment ever on any blog. My heart goes out to Katie because I know what it is like to live with a blog addict because Chelsee is the same way. It is as though her sanity rests on the number of comments that people post. I wouldn't be surprised if I started seeing prescriptions for those with similar behavior problems.

Anyway I agree with you about the good times that we had in Brasil; few companionship's will attain as high of a status that Snallender was able to. (I hope this comment is not too long, but I'm sure you are eating it up anyway).

Yo Mama said...

I'm ashamed to admit that I'm always hoping for the comment, too.

Zach and Erika said...

I'll comment on yours if you comment on mine...

Chelsee said...

Katie, I have a question for you. Will you please email me? madyson_12@hotmail.com. Thank you

Keely Kellett said...

That is so funny! But I admit, if I don't get any comments I think that the post must have been a little lame. Now you have 18!

Bianca said...

Well, you sure aren't lacking in comments now!! Sometimes, your blogs are so well written that I feel if I comment I might ruin it....how 'bout that for an ego boost!?

Katie...we feel for you and hope that now that there are lots of comments, life will relax a bit more for you ;)

Rustino Scar said...

i thin you are the kindest dental student at all of NYU. thanks for sharing your computer with me. also, it brings great pride to my heart to know that my blog supporters have filtered over to feed your low blog self-esteem. It is great to hear. Have the freaking blestest best day of your life...and keep blogging.