C, that's the way it begins...

Girls camp anyone? I'm happy to report that I made it back alive from girls camp. I honestly wondered if I would....man, I just lost the desire to keep typing. Do you ever feel like you have so much to write that it's not worth it to keep going? Oh well, for the sake of all our readers out there (don't act like you don't care), I'll try to tell some good stories...okay, I'm drawing a blank....

Let's see, girls camp was really fun. It was also really stressful because I was planning it by myself (not the whole thing, just feeding my girls, packing stuff, preparing the girls kind of thing), and I had to leave Josh (and Ryan) for four days. Thanks to my good friends who watched him (Josh, not Ryan), by the way! Anyway, once I got there, I was able to calm myself down and enjoy myself. I was really lucky to have awesome girls. There were only four of them (not like Utah, is it?), but they all, certified, helped out (okay, almost all), and were enthusiastic and about everything. I took it upon myself to be somewhat loud and embarrassing and by the end of camp, most of the girls began to appreciate the beauty of camp songs and the "sign game". One of my favorite things, though, was that I was able to make more friends with the stake leaders. It was my own special camp moment to say goodbye to people that I really would miss.

I think I'll finish my blog; sorry I'll have to ease myself back into blogging slowly. Just want to thank all of our friends for being so great. We have the funniest, nicest, best friends ever!! Random, but true.

6 comments:

Chelsee said...

Katie, you are a rock star!!! Way to be going to girl’s camp. Perhaps I will call Ryan's phone tonight and hopefully we can chat.

Heidi said...

You would be an awesome camp leader! That's crazy you only have 4 girls. You should have just flown Josh out here, we would have loved to watch him!

Katie said...

Haha, okay, the way I wrote the post makes it sound like I was a camp director or something....that can only be said of Jen. I was just a YW leader who went to camp, not as tough but just as fun, right? :)

)en said...

No no.. you guys did a TON. I could see that you put a lot of work and thought into getting ready for camp. It was clear who had done a lot of preparation. :) We were all so impressed with you and your girls. You are the star camp leader.

Camp was a blast though. It was SO fun hanging out with you.

Blake said...

We missed you guys this summer. I just realized that we have never really played with Josh. At Christmas he was asleep when we played at Ryan's parent's house. Hope you are having fun.

Lori said...

wow, only 4 girls? that would a unique experience, for sure. i'm sure they loved it. you seem like you'd be an awesome YW leader.

and i'm all about random blog posts! :)