Sorry, I Wasn't Paying Attention

Living in New York City definitely has its perks.

I find that if I fully immerse myself into what is going on around me, life can be pretty interesting. Take today for example. As my buddies and I left school heading home, our path happened to converge with that of a crazy lady. Crazy lady, you say? Aren't they a dime a dozen there. I say yes. This crazy lady, however, was cognizant enough to try and start a conversation with us on our way to the subway.

Her initial remark was something to the effect that she hated winter, blah, blah (insert something that doesn't make any sense), and was glad for summer. I thought to myself, let's see where this conversation takes us, and replied "I love winter." What followed was an interesting Q & A. 'What state is Utah in? Is it in the potato state?' I also asked if she'd ever left NY, to which she replied 'I've been to Florida, but that's the only other country I've been to.'

Fully immersed into the conversation, I wasn't paying much attention to my surroundings. As we went to cross the street, all the sudden Norm got big eyes as he looked ahead. It was almost as if he were trying to tell me to watch out. Quickly I pulled myself out of the conversation and turned my head in time to see a guy clip me as he was walking in the other direction. Ok, so it would probably be more correct to say that I totally walked in front of him and bumped into him. My bad. I turned to see who it was, and with Norm's help I saw one of the guys from 30 Rock. (Without Norm I totally wouldn't have even realized this). It was Scott Adsit.

Does this guy look familiar?

It totally reminded me of The Office where Michael goes to New York for a meeting. Remember, he says "New York, New York, the city so great they named it twice.... Manhattan is the other name." And then he thinks he sees Tina Fey, only to be totally disappointed because it wasn't. But while he was chasing the "fake Tina Fey" Conan O'Brien walks by? Classic. Well, today I was distracted by Ms. Crazy and totally pulled a Michael Scott. Doubly ironic because Scott Adsit and Tina Fey are costars on 30 Rock. Am I awesome or what?

Mr. Adsit, if you're reading this.... sorry I bumped into you.

4 comments:

Chelsee said...

How funny. While I was reading, I kid you not, I was thinking of that Office episode. Then I read the last paragraph. What a mind blower.

Megan said...

How I love 'The Office' it is becoming as relatable to my life as 'Seinfield' is. Glad you made a new friend with the crazy lady - so much you could probably learn.

And Norm? haha. When I was in Logan living in Continental my friends John, Eric, Scott ans Ryan had this friend 'Norm' they always wanted me to meet. They thought we would probably get in some argument and wanted to see us duke it out. Anyway, I am not sure if ever even met him. But I looked at his blog and sure enough that was the Norm the #14 boys were talking about. And you are going to school with him. Freakishly weird, small world. I guess bigger than I though though...when did Florida become a country? ;)

Heidi said...

That is so funny! I love The Office!!

Chelsee said...

Whatever, I know you looked at you caller ID and just didn't want to talk to me! J/k. Do you want me to call you today? I get off work at 2pm. Let me know.