Josh and some cayenne pepper

Life is going well for us. Nothing too major has happened, but lots of fun small things happen each day, so we're happy

A couple weeks ago some friends from our ward, the Petersens, and the missionaries came over for dinner. Both Grant and Ryan were complaining of colds (the famous man-cold, to be sure) so one of the elders said he had the perfect remedy for it. To sum it up, he told us that he learned of this cayenne pepper-herbal tea concoction from an Indian tribe. He said the cayenne pepper burns away anything bad and the herbal tea is added to make it less painful. Crazy, I know. Sadly, both of the guys claimed to have felt worse the day after, not better. Maybe it's because they didn't do the chanting that was supposed to go along with it....I had a video to go with it, but I couldn't get it to work. Maybe Ryan can help me...

Here's our big boy Josh getting ready for the day while eating. Josh now says "Hey!" for everything,"oh no!" when he's doing something he's not supposed to, and his favorite person is probably his little friend, Hannah. We say, "Josh, who are we going to visit?" or "Where are we going?" and he'll say "Hannah!". He says her name when he's happy, when he wants to leave the house, and when he wants to go visit her. They love to play together! Here at the bottom is a video of the two together.





4 comments:

Yo Mama said...

I love it when your kids start to talk to you like you are their bros. Just today Calvin told me that I needed to be more patient with him. I'm not even sure he knows what patient means. Anyway, cute kids that Josh. By the way, I applaud the bravery in drinking the cayenne pepper tea. It sounded disgustingly gut churning.

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! Hannah likes to say "hannah" too!!

Megan said...

Don't you wish that you could go back to the days where chasing someone around a chair was that exciting to you? Or maybe it is considering now we get just a big of a kick out of watching them run around a chair ;)

grant said...

I think I had the placebo drink!